Warning: Incomming Big Clown - Page 5 - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Warning: Incomming Big Clown

I AM the Evil Twin! Jared van Kell's Avatar
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1466 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Karl Stahlfeld View Post
    Edit: Also, why the heck do undead guys get Lore of Light? Can someone please explain that one to me? Can't get shadows, but we got that goody good lore!
    He gets Lore of Light because he was a Liche High Priest before he became the Supreme Lord of the Undead, in fact he was one of the most senior Liche High Priests in the days of ancient Nehekara. The magic of ancient Nehekhara used by the Liche Priests was based around incantations that summoned the power of their deities which were based around the sun and the afterlife. AS such they could use light magic by channeling the power of their deities.

In game terms this is represented by the fact that Liche Priests have access to the Lore of Nehekhara, Lore of Death and Lore of Light.

JvK

Last edited by Jared van Kell; August 20th, 2014 at 22:43.
    Basically life sucks, there is only war and you're probably gonna get eaten by Tyranids, have fun.

http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/2/trek_hmm.gif

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    2052 (x8)

You could just just got nuts and take a Vampire Lord with Red Fury, Quick Blood, OTS and the Dawn Star Sword (SoM). That's 10 Auto Hits, 10 Auto Wounds with re-roll ward Save. Any he fails = More attacks = More Ward Saves. God help him if you have more fulcrums as each hit does 2d6 wounds....

Karl, the Skaven blade could work. Isn't it 100pts though? You only have 4 attacks I believe, that's 2 hit, 2 wound, 1 pass ward save so an average of 3W. Then he laughs at you defence.

What can Dwarf Slayers do? Pretty sure they can toss up ASF, wound on 4's and do loads of wounds per hit. Daemon Slayers force re-rolls to ward saves as standard as well? Otherwise Dwarf Lords with runes of Might? HA! just got to get the M3 git there.

Or......... Arch Lector with Van Horstmanns speculum and some sort of weapon to REALLY screw up his day.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    692 (x8)

He has his own (two part) army book coming out. Does that make him an army unto himself? Because I personally wouldn't mind having a Warmhammer Fantasy army that consisted of only one mini.

I've also been contemplating getting an old Nagash and seeing if I can pull him off. Or, failing that, painting him up as the Lich of Christmas Present.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    41 (x2)

Lord Borak yeah that blade is 100 points, so no defenses for me. However, he does have to reroll his ward save, so the odds are in the rat's favor a little bit. Though TBH what they should do is just shoot a couple warp lightning cannons at him. Any self respecting artillery battery will blast him to bits, especially since he's a large target and doesn't get cover.
    They totally need to put Bagpipers in for the high elves.
    X amount of points- any army with a bagpiper in them wins automatically based on sheer awesomeness.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    58 (x4)

my thoughts exactly 3 cannons should see him down

Failing that khaai'dai destroyers would seem him dead (like proper dead)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

692 (x8)

I suppose we could go with the guns beat magic approach. With GW, the big models are often a crap shoot. Sometimes, they create huge characters capable of astonishing feats, but often they make their characters have a bunch of abilities that stack poorly and aren't as efficient as one you could build yourself.

I've been out of it a couple of editions- do his spell lists have anything to help him close in? We used to have access to a few varieties of teleportation and flight (honestly, there's simply no way this guy anything else ever could stand up to my 5th ed Slaan Mage priest).

Of course, many of the game's heroes have been toned down since then (and old Nagash wasn't all that great on the battlefield, to be honest).

I am still surprised that they ever brought him back up. I mean, his name has become analogous to "worst mini ever." I thought they'd just let the legend of Nagash and his clown face fade away.
    Last edited by odinsgrandson; August 21st, 2014 at 16:42.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    234 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by odinsgrandson View Post
    I am still surprised that they ever brought him back up. I mean, his name has become analogous to "worst mini ever." I thought they'd just let the legend of Nagash and his clown face fade away.
    Not when there's the slightest chance they nickel and dime gamers for it to make a profit haha.

I AM the Evil Twin! Jared van Kell's Avatar
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1466 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by odinsgrandson View Post
    I've been out of it a couple of editions- do his spell lists have anything to help him close in? We used to have access to a few varieties of teleportation and flight (honestly, there's simply no way this guy anything else ever could stand up to my 5th ed Slaan Mage priest).
    Not so much his spell list, more the fact that he can shut down a gun line by simply summoning a load of zombies and skeletons amongst said gunline. Firing a cannon becomes less of a priority when you have undead right in front of you literally trying to eat your brains.

JvK
    Basically life sucks, there is only war and you're probably gonna get eaten by Tyranids, have fun.

http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/2/trek_hmm.gif

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    30 (x2)

The battlemagic Cards sold out after less than an hour online? really? Come on GW that's silly, even by your silly-standards

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345