Ghoul List for Friend. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    107 (x4)

Ghoul List for Friend.

Hi all,

Got a friend who loves nothing more than to flip flop between armies because he panics when it comes down to making a list. He wants to play a fun army but is afraid that if he goes for fun that it will be no good against other solid armies. I've pinned him down to a vampire counts ghoul army, ghoul king etc, but its come to writing a list again and he's starting to buckle. Thing is I could tell him a fairly decent list but at the back of his mind he cant help think that I am telling him to take stuff so I can beat him. However, its not my dwarfs he has to worry about but our other friends 2500pt 2 dragon 2 treeman WE list which is meant to be a monster list (except for the 5 units of bowmen and no other monsters than mentioned!).

Anyway, hoping you guys can put forward a ghoul list or 2, he wants to stay away from hundreds of models (& skeletons), but like I said, he isn't too sure, and is probably flexible on most things. If you could give some example 2000pt lists that would be great cheers.

-Saltrock-

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    53 (x2)

A ghoul list in my eyes is not solid. But if his mind is set, Ghoul king with dragon bane gem, ogre blade, red furry, quick blood and -1LD thing.
    Master necro with 4++ and scroll. Both using lore of vamps.
    LVL1 shadow necro.
    2 unit of 30 ghouls.
    2 units of 8 horros
    Mortis engine
    Duel terrorghiest.

That what I can think of from the top of my head.
    Upon wings of iron they fall upon the foe

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    107 (x4)

Thanks for the reply.

Its pretty much spot on for what I suggested to him, and explained a mixed list or a list that is more wight heavy would suit him better, but I think the fact that he would have to buy less models, and there fore have to put less together and paint less appeals to him as he's afraid of spending a lot of money and loosing interest before he's finished.

He for some reason also cannot be persuaded with unit filers or skeleton arms coming out the ground, but you just cant help some people. I think his main fear for using skeletons is the stat line. He went from using a dwarf army back in 7th, to using a small 1500pts nugrle chaos army in 8th, and new the troops could pretty much look after themselves, were as skeletons, he cant appreciate that its okay to throw away half a unit because there's a potential to raise them back again. Im thinking VC may not be the army for him as once he comes to realise ghouls don't get all the nice bonuses of a banner and musician like skeletons do that he might turn again.

He might go through with it, but I think if he goes will end up regretting it, so I guess the question really should be...

"How do I convince my friend NOT to do a ghoul army?"

Anyway, I'll flesh out a list with him and see what happens.

Cheers.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    53 (x2)

I can tell you the best way to show him that a full ghoul army isn't going to win often is to use ghouls vs, WoC and lizardmen or brets.
    Upon wings of iron they fall upon the foe

+ Reply to Thread