Hi guys. I have played WHFB for a few years now. always played WoC (~4000 points) and I am considering picking up a second army. I have always loved VC models and lore (it was my top choice vs. WoC). Unfortunately I have never seen VC on the table. The group I play with is fairly small. We only have WoC, Smurfs, LM, Empire, goblins, wood elves, and two occasionally visiting players: Dark elves and skaven.
So before I dive head first into VC I'd like to learn a bit more about them! I've read a few of the posts on this forum; Topic of the week, some of the FAQ posts, some of the help requests, and a few army lists. I still have a few questions however:
Really the big questions are the first 2. I know the meta is different everywhere for how units are built and what goes well in an army. if you can help me out i'd really appreciate it!
- Are there units that are JUST PLAIN BAD.
- What are the "Staple" units? units/builds that will be played in almost every army?
- What are the most common lords and heroes? ie. Necromancer vs. Wizpire?
- I really like the ghosty models, are they worth picking up?
- Wight kings are sick as balls: does the performance match the model?
- MAGIC! which one(s)?
- how many and what type of extra models should i pick up for raised dead?
- Where is FC worth it/a waste. Magic banners?
- Actually useful RB magic items?