<3000 Getting Down With The Sickness. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    32 (x1)

Getting Down With The Sickness.

Ok, so I've been going over some ideas on how to be sickeningly powerful using Chaos and Lore Of Undeath. Cap did some nice killer builds before but I thought I'd have a go at making something deadlier. This is completely uncomped, but as a point of courtesy I've opted not to include Chaos Dwarfs in the 2500 point list. The 3000 pts list however is not so kind.

Lord - Malagor, The Dark Omen (Lore Of Undeath) - XXX pts
    Hero - Gorebull w/ Mark Of Nurgle, Shield, Blackened Plate, Ironcurse Icon, Opal Amulet - 214 pts
    Hero - Bray-Shaman Level 1 (Lore Of Beasts) w/ Shard Of The Herdstone - 125 pts
    Hero - Wargor BSB w/ Mark Of Nurgle, Heavy Armour, Shield, The Beast Banner - 166 pts
    Hero - Throgg Wintertooth, King Of The Trolls - XXX pts
    Hero - Festus, The Leechlord (Lore Of Nurgle) - XXX pts

Total Characters - 1240 Points

Core - 10x Chaos Trolls w/ Additional Hand Weapons (4 wide, 3 ranks) - 380 pts
    Core - 23x Chaos Warriors w/ Mark Of Nurgle, Shields, Halberds, Full Command, Banner Of Eternal Flame (5 wide, 5 ranks or 6 wide, 4 ranks) - 500 pts
    Core - 6x Ungor Raiders w/ Mark Of Slaanesh, Musician - 45 pts
    Core - 6x Ungor Raiders w/ Mark Of Slaanesh, Musician - 45 pts

Total Core - 990 Points

Rare - 2x Skullcannon - XXX pts

Total - 2500 Points Exactly.

This army is literally a single block of Warriors and a single block of Trolls both advancing unflinchingly, but damn these are scary units.

First of all, the Trolls. They have both a Gorebull and Throgg in them, so they will be terrifying. A block of twelve doing 26 Strength 5 attacks, and 5 Strength 6 attacks. Plus impact hits. The unit has regen, and a heafty ward against flaming attacks (their one weakness), thanks to Blackened Plate and a ward against war machines just for added protection. They can also puke if they come up against heavy armoured enemies. It's a super-troll brick, you know it, you love it.

Second, there's the Warriors. They have both the Wargor BSB and Festus with them. This means we have 12 Strength 6 attacks, and 5 Strength 5 attacks, all of which are flaming and poisoned. The entire unit gives the enemy -1 to hit, has a 3+ armour save, and regen. So, these guys are pretty beefy and they can take a few hits too. If running 6 wide, they're getting an extra 3 Strength 6 attacks, but they're also losing the rank bonus after taking only 2 wounds. Consider also that wider frontage makes you more at risk from hordes.

Considering it's not unreasonable for Wyssan's to be cast on anything here, Strength 6 and 7 attacks will be commonplace.

Last to consider are the Skullcannons and Raiders. The Skullcannons will act as anti-monster. They are after all powerful magic flaming cannons that are also chariots, so they should cause some trouble. The Raiders are annoying chaff with bows that are immune to fear, panic, etc. and skirmish; making them annoyingly hard to hit considering how cheap they are. They will likely be ignored, but they will still be a nuisance.

So, how does this hyper-compact elite army account for being outnumbered 3-1 or more. Well, that's where Malagor shines. He's behind the Herdstone summoning undead units like they're going out of fashion, and boosting himself in the process. Every spell he casts gives him +1 to cast and a 'Raise The Dead' counter. He can raise Zombies with ease and he can raise Necromancers which can stay by the Herdstone generating power dice while increasing the Zombie blocks in size. By the mid game Malagor will be raising Casket Of Souls, Mortis Engine, Vargheists, Hexwraiths, Hirotitans and more.

Zombies with Wyssan's Wildform on them are shockingly effective, and Festus can be granting poisoned attacks to the Trolls, increasing the poison attacks of the Warriors to a 5+ or even giving the Zombies poisoned attacks. He can also be granting -1 Weapon Skill and Initiative debuffs to enemy units in base combat; so that's pretty cool.

In short, this army keeps raising units, buffs them to hell and back, and has enough power dice to make you cry. The only things giving you victory points are the Warriors and Trolls, but you actually have to kill them for that. The Shaman and Skullcannons are going to have a literal horde of pointless and evergrowing undead between you and them, so don't expect to be reaching them any time soon.

I honestly think, this army is as sickening as I can make it.

Going up to 3000 points is simple.

Sorcerer-Prophet Level 3 w/ Mask Of The Furnace (Lore Of Hashut) - 330 pts
    Magma Cannon w/ Hellbound - 170 pts

Cast Ash Storm and giggle psychotically as you shoot them with liquid hot mag-ma... and then charge your Warriors with flaming attacks into the newly flammable unit. Delicious in every way. Oh and don't forget you can re-roll misfires or even range dice if your Magma Cannon is underperforming.

Last edited by TornadoCreator; December 11th, 2014 at 19:47.
    Current Armies: Warriors/Beastmen: 5000+ Pts. Chaos Dwarfs: 3000 Pts. Brets: 2000 Pts.
    Ogre Kingdom: 2000 Pts. Undead Legion: 2000 Pts. Kislev Contingent: 1500 Pts.
    Retired/Sold Armies: Dark Elves: 3000 Pts. Orcs & Goblins: 2000 Pts.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    53 (x2)

A very well made list. The only issue I have is the lack of banners. You will only have one banner, BSB and general.
    But besides the banner issue, all looks good and nasty. The only army of mine I would be happy to use vs this would be my uber gun line empire army.
    Upon wings of iron they fall upon the foe

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    32 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    A very well made list. The only issue I have is the lack of banners. You will only have one banner, BSB and general.
    But besides the banner issue, all looks good and nasty. The only army of mine I would be happy to use vs this would be my uber gun line empire army.
    Yeah, that is a problem, if playing Blood And Glory losing my General or the Warriors would lose me the game, which is an issue. That said, if the Warriors or Malagor is dying I've probably lost anyway. At 3000 points I have a Fortitude of exactly 4, the minimum needed to not auto-lose. It's a weakness of sorts granted, but one I don't see as all that easily exploited if I'm honest. Not when Malagor is summoning 800-1000 points of undead per turn.
    Current Armies: Warriors/Beastmen: 5000+ Pts. Chaos Dwarfs: 3000 Pts. Brets: 2000 Pts.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

53 (x2)

Would any banners in undead units summoned count?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    32 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    Would any banners in undead units summoned count?
    I honestly don't know. This is something we'd need to wait for an FAQ on but I be tempted to say yes because summoned units have a point limit, so you have to actively chose to add command to a summoned unit (often needing to spend counters to be able to afford it). I would say, ask an impartial third party for a ruling, or if you can just decide with your opponent, (if they're reasonable you should be able to come to an agreement either way).

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

53 (x2)

Yeah might have to ask around until we get something set in stone.

+ Reply to Thread