<2000 First Ever Fantasy List [1000 - Friendly] - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First Ever Fantasy List [1000 - Friendly]

Hey, with the recent release of AoS and the rumours that they might be pulling old models me and my friend figured we didn't really have another chance to get into fantasy 8th edition. I have chosen Warriors of Chaos and he went Ogre Kingdoms. We are both getting 1000 Points to start out. Anyway, this is the list that I thought of, I'd like some advice.

Hero

Chaos Sorcerer - (185 PTS)
    • Mark of Nurgle
    • Wizard Level 2
    • Dispel Scroll
    Exalted Hero - (209 PTS)
    • Halberd
    • Battle Standard Bearer
    • Scaled Skin
    • Dragonhelm
    • Dawnstone
    • Mark of Nurgle
    • Shield
    Core

Chaos Warhounds x5 (30 PTS)

Chaos Warhoudns x5 (30 PTS)

Chaos Warriors x16 (355 PTS)
    • Musician
    • Standard Bearer - Banner of Swiftness
    • Halberds
    • Mark of Nurgle
    • Shields
    I'm planning on putting the sorc and the exalted hero in this unit.

Marauder Horsemen x5 (90 PTS)
    • Mark of Khorne
    • Flails
    Marauder Horsemen x5 (90 PTS)
    • Mark of Khorne
    • Flails
    Total Points (989 PTS)

I need advise what to use my remaining points on/what I should change around. Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Benevolent Dictator CaptainSarathai's Avatar
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1480 (x8)

Well, it kind of depends on what you want to do with your army. If it's just you and your friend, I really suggest against trying to maximize your armies for any sort of competitive edge. If they really do decide to pull stuff off the shelves, then it's going to be hard to tweak the lists and pick up new units to maintain that arm's race, as well as becoming harder to start up second or even third armies to "keep things fresh".

For 1k, everything in your list looks fairly solid. Not sure that I'd use a BSB at 1k, and it's also kind of strange that your entire army is made from Core. That can work at 1k, but you're also giving yourself 1000pts of Core, which is enough to last you up to a 4000pt game! I mean, if you're planning to grow the army in the long run, then yeah - go for it. Otherwise, Knights are a solid "take" at 1k, as are Dragon Ogres, actually.

The only "eyebrow raiser" are the 5 man Khorne Missile units of MCav that you have. That was a really good tactic back in 7th, but it died as soon as 8th dropped. What you want, is to grab a pair of Chariots instead. You could ditch the Hounds, but I suggest trimming points off the characters somehow. Maybe dump the level off your Wizard, swap him to Death, just go for the Sig spell.
    Your BSB doesn't need the Shield, either. You can't have a "0+" save. The best you can get is a 1+. So:
    4+ Chaos Armor
    2+ Scaled Skin (drop this)
    1+ Dragon Helm (drop this as well)
    0+ Shield

If you've got the Dawnstone, the Enchanted Shield and Chaos Armor are all that you really need. I'd still rather see a Wardsave on him, but in a lower point game, there is definitely a valid reason to skimp and take the Dawnstone with good armor.
    Pts Values for AoS here!

Nippon Armybook: Isuu, Scribd, and free at Google Docs

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    114 (x4)

1,000 points is pretty hard for WoC, especially without knowing what you're really after or looking to build towards.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainSarathai View Post
    it's also kind of strange that your entire army is made from Core. That can work at 1k, but you're also giving yourself 1000pts of Core, which is enough to last you up to a 4000pt game! I mean, if you're planning to grow the army in the long run, then yeah - go for it. Otherwise, Knights are a solid "take" at 1k, as are Dragon Ogres, actually.
    It's actually only 600 Core here, since the two characters aren't Core. Agreed that this would suffice for a 2,400 pt game, but on the other hand with c. 400 pts of characters and 350 for the big block of Warriors, plus one unit of dogs just to reach the 3 unit minimum, it's not so clear what to do with the spare 220 points. It's not really enough for a substantial unit, though a Chariot or two would be an interesting option.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainSarathai View Post
    If you've got the Dawnstone, the Enchanted Shield and Chaos Armor are all that you really need. I'd still rather see a Wardsave on him, but in a lower point game, there is definitely a valid reason to skimp and take the Dawnstone with good armor.
    I'm not sure the Enchanted Shield is worth it here. Sure you get an extra +1 save for only 2 extra pts, but don't get the benefit in combat anyway if you're taking the halberd. I'd consider hand weapon and mundane shield, for the 6++ parry save, given that points are fairly tight. Then you could probably afford scaly skin or, alternatively, a cheap ward if you don't want to rely on the parry.

+ Reply to Thread