<3000 2000 Tau Escalation League - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2000 Tau Escalation League

I am very new to Tau after almost 20 years off and on of playing Blood Angels. I decided to give them a go because of my love for Gundams and recently sold off some old models to take advantage of Back Friday at my local shop. The league will begin at either 250 or 500 and gain 250 points a month until 2000 so I would like to finish with a strong 2k point list with options to swap around. I am looking for some advice for list builds, loadouts, and general tactics as I know Tau are very different from my Bllood Angels. Here is a list of what I currently have.

Cadre Fireblade

12 man Fire Warrior Strike Team with Turret and 2 Drones (Drones unbuilt)

10 man Fire Warrior Breacher Team with 2 Drones (unbuilt so could be Strike Team)

3 Stealth Suits with 1 Markerlight Drone

3 Crisis Suits with 6 Drones (unbuilt)

1 Hammerhead Gunship (unbuilt)

1 Riptide with 2 Drones (partially unbuilt)

I recently sold off some Warmachine that I am not using so I have about $200 to spend. Keep in mind that I do need to play at lower point levels too. I was thinking of getting a Commander, Pathfinders for Markerlights, and Devilfish for Breachers. Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

for 2k points you need a lot more firepower where there's one storm surge (if you won't face droppods maybe 2). Also another riptide since the ion acc is nasty. Crisis suits can hunt pretty much every thing and remember most suits has jump move for the assault phase. Make sure you can put a lot of fire down all over the table. It's good to have a hunter cadre. It'll give you 12 inch supporting. If the commander's unit is in danger getting charged start with him in shooting phase. Run and then shoot with him to have a bit more distance ( worked splendid against some lynchguard that dropped down next to mine).

+ Reply to Thread