<2000 1500 Points Advice against Imperial Gaurd - Page 2 - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So I got a decent chunk of new troops to add/swap out of my army lists. 3 stealth suits, more pathfinders since they came with the stealth suits, another riptide bringing my total to 2, more fire warriors so I can field 3 groups of 10, and 3 cadre fireblades.

Now I don't understand the slots thing very well. Is it possible to field 3 fireblades, one for each group of troops, or can I only field the one? I still want my commander on the field as I have reconfigured him from his first fight to perform a little better. When I've figured out how I am arranging this stuff into a list I'll be updating the one above.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you still have your commander in the army then you can only field 1 fireblade. You must field one hq and then you may take 1 more. This means a max of 2 hq if you don't use a formation which has other units in it. An example could be the allied advance cadre which has restrictions on which and how many units you can take. These formations can count as a detachment or as part of one(tau hunter contingent as example here).
    Normal battle forged armies is 1hq, 2troops, you may choose additional 0-1hq, 0-4troops, 0-3 fast attack, 0-3 heavy support, 0-3 elite and 0-1 lord of war.
    Allied detachments is a bit smaller and can't be of the same faction as the primary detachment which is why I would recommend if you have a separate detachment of tau, make it a formation which will allow you to do so.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

*looks at all 3 of my fireblade's standing in a row* Whoops.

Well I guess I can customize all three of them in different armor colors to make them more unique. Make em my own characters in my fluff for my army.

I find all this slot system to be really, whats the word, limiting. Although I guess 3 squads of ten fire warriors each lead by a fireblade would be a bit ridiculous.

I'm sorry for all these newbie questions. I'm still learning the game.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You could actually might do that by going unbound but then you lose some special rule perks however you won't have unit restrictions. So do whatever floats your boat

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    43 (x1)

Worth bearing in mind though that a lot of people don't like to play against unbound armies.

I do love a fireblade. For their points what they do is absolutely ridiculous. 60 points to double my firepower...so cheap

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah they sound amazing. Against smaller armies I'll run two of them and save the points to upgrade my troops more. I'm fighting space wolves here in a few hours so it should be interesting. I'll upgrade my list here later tonight so you can see what you think of it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12