>3000 tau vs ork - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: tau vs ork

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

tau vs ork

i'm gonna go up against 3k points of ork with a stompa included. this is my armylist against it. please give me feedback or suggestions if you have any.
    kauyon hunter contigent:
    huntercadre:
    132 commander , drone controller , 2 markerdrones , command control node
    81 9 fw
    81 9 fw
    81 9 fw
    81 9 fw
    156 3 xv08 , 2 plasma each
    190 6 stealtsuits , 2 fusion
    84 6 markerdrones
    40 piranha
    40 piranha
    130 2 missilside
    130 2 missilside
    375 stormsurge , pulse driver

infiltration cadre:
    66 6 pathfinder
    66 6 pathfinder
    66 6 pathfinder
    95 3 stealthsuits , fusion
    40 piranha

allied advance cadre:
    60 10 kroot
    60 10 kroot
    60 10 kroot
    60 10 kroot
    90 5 stingwing
    90 5 stingwing

allied detachment:
    riptide wing:
    186 riptide , ion acc , bond knife
    181 riptide , heavy burst , bond knife
    181 riptide , heavy burst , bond knife
    total: 2997
    the piranha in the infiltration cadre go banzai charging and should die turn 1 making the advance cadre come in outflanking where the stingwings boost the kroot's bs. if my opponent starts i will arrange my deployment so he will be more likely to shoot at it. besides the pathfinders usual markerlight support will the commander go with the marker drones hopping around laying markers at what seems mos important. the stormsurge or riptides start off table in hope of the gatla running out of ammo turn 1.
    the stealthsuits will in front aided by the long range fire as well s the commander.
    i'm unsure if it's ok to try and ignore the stompa or if i should go mont'ka and try to take it down.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    43 (x1)

Before I launch into critique, I feel it only fair to point out that the supa gatler on the stompa cannot run out turn one. It ignores that rule for the first round of shooting.

My concern for this list (without seeing the ork one) is the sheer volume of markerlights you're putting on the table. Against Orks it's all about laying down as much firepower as possible. To that end I would drop the entire allied advance cadre. Fire warriors are simply better for the points.

Stealth suits I would put into swauds of 6, 2 fusion blasters in each and then give them split fire. It works so well, especially early game, as the burst cannons will chew through ork armour and the fusions can take out a truck or battlewagon early on.

The piranhas I wouldn't be so kamikaze with. I'd outfit them with meltas and use their scout move to pop trukks/battlewagons early.

the key to beating most ork lists atm is to take down their vehicles asap. Denied of them, foot slogging units will suffer heavy casualties to your fire warrior squads, especially if you drop a fireblade into one of them, doubling their firepower. You're going to need to pop the stompa early, besides it's sheer volume of fire power if it hits combat with you it will massacre whatever it faces. Throw everything possible against it turn 1 because iof by some miracle you can kill it then it'll detonate right in the middle fo the horde and that will hurt him massively.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i can easily change the comander but remember if one of the pathfinder units land 3 or more markerlights u get a free seeker missil at no counter cost. the markerlights can buff the stormsurge to bs5 and then its destroyer missils to strength D. but i'll se about changing when i got the time for it.
    for the stompa you're incorrect. the gatla can fire 3 times a turn and it's only the first shooting that can't go wrong. this means if the second/third shooting role is a pair it runs out of ammo turn 1.
    Last edited by mich153g; September 16th, 2016 at 05:39.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

kauyon
    hunter cadre
    140 commander , 2 missilpod , shield generator
    60 fireblade
    81 9 fw
    81 9 fw
    81 9 fw
    108 12 fw
    161 3 xv08 , 2 missilpod each , counterfire
    131 3 xv08 , 2 burst each , counterfire
    126 3 xv08 , 2 burst each
    66 6 pathfinder
    66 6 pathfinder
    66 6 pathfinder
    130 2 missilside
    130 2 missilside
    375 stormsurge , pulsedriver

2x optimized stealth cadre
    130 ghostkeel , ionraker

130 ghostkeel , ionraker

allied:
    riptide wing

mont'ka
    hunter cadre
    170 commander , coldstar , shield generator
    40 piranha
    90 9 fw , bond knife
    90 9 fw , bond knife
    90 9 fw , bond knife
    98 3 stealthsuits , fusion , bond knife
    98 3 stealthsuits , fusion , bond knife

retalation cadre
    120 commander , 2 fusion , counterfire
    159 3 xv08 , 2 fusion each , bond knife
    164 3 xv08 , 2 missilpod each , counterfire , bond knife
    134 3 xv08 , 2 burst each , counterfire , bond knife
    66 missilside , bond knife

ranged support cadre
    72 6 pathfinder , bond knife
    66 missilside
    137 2 missilside , counterfire
    137 2 missilside , counterfire
    i may have a bit many markerlights here too but as mentioned before i will try to use them for getting as many s D destroyer missils from stormsurges in as quick as possible. one army is mont'ka for their contigen bonus which is note an enemy unit in his/her turn. when it's your turn revieal it and you have re-roll to wound/pen against it. commander and some xv08s got missilpods to better take down vehicles(small missilsides). steahtsuits are put in smaller units if possible since i only have 12 and would hate seeing a big chunk of them in close combat early. i would prefer giving the riptide wing heavy burst but for taking down the stompa they will need the ion acc.
    the fusion suits in the retalation with their commander will attempt to take out the stompa when they arrive. yes they will likely die too and i'll say goodbye to a good chunk of points. in the mont'ka the piranha is only there to make room for the ranged support cadre which will give my pathfinders shrouded as long as they dont move after infiltrationwhich they also get) or shoot other weapons than markerlights.
    note that it's 2 different 3k lists
    Last edited by mich153g; September 17th, 2016 at 09:35.

+ Reply to Thread