Hi all,

After taking a long hiatus from the hobby, 8ed looks like a lot of fun and less confusing than previous iterations of 40k, so making a comeback and have decided to play Tyranids.

Have all the models for the army and currently working on building them. 1000 points is very tight so have been very frugal with upgrades. Here's what I've come up with.

Hive Fleet: Vindico

Battalion Detachment

HQ

Winged Hive Tyrant: Monstrous Rending Claws; Prehensile Tail Pincer; 2x Deathspitters with Slimer Maggots; 191

Old One Eye: Monstrous Crushing Claws; Monstrous Scything Talons; Thresher Scythe; 140

TROOPS

20 Genestealers; Rending Claws: 240

3 Warriors; 3x Scything Talons; 2x Deathspitter; Venom Cannon; 85

3 Ripper Swarms; 33

HEAVY SUPPORT

2x Carnifex; 2 Pairs of Monstrous Scything Talons; Bone Mace; Bio Plasma; 196

Trygon; Bio-electric Pulse; Toxinspike; 3 pairs of Scything Talons; 115

Thinking of making OOE the Warlord, since he's got 2 'bodyguards' and should be harder to kill than the HT.

Trygon to deliver the Genestealers into the fray during my first turn. maybe 20 is overkill? I did think of reducing them to free up points for upgrades, maybe boost the Trygon to a Prime and maybe Adrenal Glands/Toxin Sacs on some of the scarier stuff.

Warriors march up the board with the 'fexes and OOE. HT for psychic shenanigans, hunting priority targets, providing things with onslaught/buffing things with catalyst, he's quite versatile in what he can do.

Ripper Swarms because I needed a 3rd troop, they an 'hold' objectives or eat overwatch for my genestealers.

What do you guys think?

Thanks in advance

-MG