<2000 1200p tau infantry - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1200p tau infantry

battalion: bork'an
    42 fireblade
    42 fireblade , puretide chip

70 10 fw(rifles) , 1 of them is a shas'ui

162 missilside , 1 shield drone , ATS

vanguard: vior'la
    174 coldstar commander , 4fusion

104 3 stealthsuits , hominbeacon
    191 ghostkeel , fusion collider , 2 fusion , targetlock
    275 3 crisis suits , total of 8 flamers , 1dc , 6 gundrones
    total: 1200

this is a purely experimental list containing some things i wanted to try against orks. the bork'an i a more defensive part with the bonus range so they can hold objectives and shoot at mostly what they want. the missilside is to add som AT firepower which it lacks a bit. it does also lack some markerlights i know
    now for the more experimental part.
    i wanted to try out making a banzai-mander. a coldstar vior'la with 4 fusion. if your opponents warlord isn't something crazy advance him up 40 inches turn 1 a unload the 4 fusion into opponents warlord(this is not the warlord of my list). this should give yo firstblood and slay the warlord. yes i know it is throwing the commander away but you get 2 victory points straight away and this one is just for shits and giggles. i then want to slingshot stealthsuits forward plant beacon then advance away a shoot. crisis suits drop to beacon as a ork mob clearing unit.
    though most of it is experimental and for the lulz any feedback is appreciated

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    2052 (x8)

I can honestly say I have never played with Tau and I have only played against them a few times (and never in 8th) so I don't really have much to say on the list. But seeing as you're unlikely to get a reply in this ghost town of a forum I thought I might as well

How much armour is your opponent bringing? Orks can field an awful lot of boyz but they don't necessarily have to and they can feature a serious amount of armour. Still, you seem to have a good amount of Fusion? I'd also not rely on those Flamer Crisis to be massed hoard killers. They can take down small units but I've found flamers are not really a 'go to' weapon for anti-horde any more :/ You're better off with Dakka.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

they are a bit better to take down a mob with the drones accompanying them. the get +1 to hit(4+ to hit) from the dc and are 4 shots each s5. with the new vior'la sept rules the drones can advance and still shoot without penalty. this is the basis for that unit where 8 flamer(8D6 shots that hit automatically) and 24 shots from the gundrones where they will be advancing every turn without that penalty making them more mobile than with other septs.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    2052 (x8)

Oh wow. Thats a horrid little unit!! Great for clearing infantry off objectives or wiping out small elite infantry units. Those poor, poor Orkses. Just watch out for trucks charging and taking the over watch for the boys.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the biggest issue will be taking fire in the following shooting phase from other units. the homingbeacon is used to get into flamer range. i don't remember if the dc works in overwatch when you're not t'au sept. the flamers will still be able to shoot and still be autohitting. the close up clearing units have fly so they can just fall back and shoot without penalty(if a truck charge). so the biggest problem is other big/hardhitting units shooting in the following turn

+ Reply to Thread