<3000 2k New Necron Codex army list for tournament - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    102 (x5)

2k New Necron Codex army list for tournament

Below is the list I've been toying with. I'm looking for some feedback.

The strategy is simple, threats. 50 troops to contend with RP 4+, 12 wraiths, and some painful destroyers. The destroyers and troops have a 4+ RP and 5++ invul save from cryptek. Also gaining +1 to hit is nice from overlord (who is carrying a veil to portal a unit right out of combat and then blast the assaulters that charged them). Also so many good strategems: rerolling RP, reroll all hits and wounds on a round of destroyer shooting because D-lord is near, reanimate canoptek (in this case, wraiths). Mephrit for the -1 for the troops and Novokh for the reroll hits on first round of combat. This list has proven to be VERY competitive so far. With 67 models reanimating so many, it's almost horde like and people are having issues dealing with it. Btw, destroyers are AMAZING (near that cryptek they're durable from shooting and reanimate well). I dropped 14 wounds on one round of shooting to a land raider, was AWESOME with that reroll all hits and wounds strategem for 1CP.

Dynastic Heirlooms: 1 Extra Artefact (-1CP)

Battalion Detachment +5CP (Dynasty:Mephrit):
    HQ:
    • Overlord (Artefact: Veil of Darkness, Warscythe)
    • Cryptek (Warlord): Chronometron
      • Trait: Immortal Pride
    Troops:
    • 10 immortals (gauss blaster)
    • 20 Warriors
    • 20 Warriors
    Fast attack:
    • 6 Destroyers
    Outrider Detachment +1CP (Dynasty:Novokh):
    HQ:
    • Destroyer Lord (Phylactry, Artefact: Nanoscarab Casket, Warscythe)
    Fast Attack:
    • 6 Wraiths
    • 6 Wraiths
    • 5 Scarabs

Last edited by Dark Trainer; June 21st, 2018 at 17:37.
    "There is only do, or do not. There is no try." - Yoda

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    102 (x5)

I've been playing this list, and HOLY cow it's durable and killy. I've been super impressed with the 6 destroyers near a destroyer lord to re-roll all hits and wounds in a round of shooting for just 1CP! I've put tons of wounds on vehicles. With immortal pride it ensures I get full 20 size warrior squad reanimation, and 2CP to reroll those is AWESOME, bringing back 10-14 guys in a round is nuts. It also takes my model count which was 67 to be more like 81, and higher as each guy regenerates. It's like being a horde army (orks or guard), but with the durability and damage of space marines. It's proven to be a TOUGH list, definitely tournament worthy.

The scarabs are only because of a limited amount of pts left once list was completed, plus i needed 1 fast attack for outrider +1CP. Destroyers needed to be in mephrit to gain 5++ invul from cryptek. Could move them around, figured it's fun to self destruct D3 mortal wounds on tough targets.
    Last edited by Dark Trainer; June 21st, 2018 at 17:39.
    "There is only do, or do not. There is no try." - Yoda

+ Reply to Thread