Full Command
Standard Of Everlasting Death
150 Pts

--

3 Cairn Wraiths

·
Nox
1,705 Posts
Ummm i would say this is actually worse than your last one sir.

Its a list trying to do too much. Lets start with the Heroes.

Vampire
Dark Acolyte
Lord Of The Dead
Talisman Of Lycni
Wristbands Of Black Gold
190pts

Now, a level 2 Wizard:

Fine

Lord of the Dead

Fine

Talisman of the Lycni, with no armour? Or any special weapons?

nononono

Now, he's trying to do too much. You've taken two vampires and smashed them together. I suggest two cheaper vampires. Like so:

Vampire
Lord of the Dead
Talisman of the Lycni
Bloody Hauberk

Vampire
Lord of the Dead
Dark Acolyte
Nightshroud

And drop the second necro, as he is no good for raising skeletons. Now then, drop a unit of dire wolves, and buff up the Grave Guard (who you have added wrong by the way, theyre 175) with another guy (bringing them to 11) and giving them the War Banner.

After that it should look a little better.

·
453 Posts
I think the Talisman and Wristbands are there for protection rather than a Nike Crash & Slash character. I can understand this load in a low points game. If the enemy gets too close the Vamp moves away as fast as his little legs can take him with a 3+ ward save against things trying to shoot him.

I would give one of the Necros Invocation though as you'll be wanting to use the Lord of the Dead to increase the unit size. At the moment you're general will be getting the unit back up and running after being shot etc rather than making the unit bigger.

·
Nox
1,705 Posts
I think the Talisman and Wristbands are there for protection rather than a Nike Crash & Slash character. I can understand this load in a low points game. If the enemy gets too close the Vamp moves away as fast as his little legs can take him with a 3+ ward save against things trying to shoot him.
He has no save in combat. Against anything decent at fighting he will die.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I will not be putting my Vampire into Combat. He will only be used for summoning mass skelies. I will be useing the skeleies protect h im and the dire wolfs to flank on the side. While using my necros to mass summon zombies so they can holy up a high power unit that my enemy is using. I will use the crain wraths to screen my graveguard untill they are close enuff to charge and then i will be using my crain wraths for war machine hunting and or general. :)

·
Nox
1,705 Posts
I will not be putting my Vampire into Combat. He will only be used for summoning mass skelies.

The vampire is the only thing that can summon skellies, which means if the enemy JUST dispels the vampire theres very little you can do about it.

·
Daughter of Man
251 Posts
okay i made this list so let me explain somethings.

the vamp stays in the back OUTSIDE of a unit and should never get into combat. EVER.

the necros dont have ION because they can only raise skeletons up to ten. they cannot raise skeletons past their original unit size because they do not have Lord Of The Dead. Their job is to summon zombies and danse them at things.

The only thing i would change about this list is the cairn wraiths. i would drop them and take another 10 skeletons and give the necros ION so they can use it on zombie units

·
Nox
1,705 Posts
Well if the vampire is never in a unit, he will most likely get shot/hit by a cannon/magicked. Thats your general :(

The necromancers will raise units of up to 7 zombies. They cannot raise them up further than this, and 7 zombies are a threat to nothing. Again i say, the most skeletons you can raise in a turn (solidly, you could take a chance and get lucky) is 2D6. Even then if your enemy just chooses to dispel the vampire, then you will be left with an army that consists of small 10 man units. Not good for undead, who need numbers to win CR.

My 2 cents.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Too small units

to be honest 10 skeletons is a crazily small unit size for 1000pts. one unit of 20 is much better

any enemy with around 5 or 6 dispel dice will easily be able to dispel your attempts to raise dead and bolster these units, and any ranked up 20-strong infantry of almost any kind i.e goblins halberiers etc. will mash through these in a couple of turns even if you get the charge, when your die-hard skellies really should be dying hard and holding up the enemy for as long as possible. Drop the grave guard and get two units of 20 strong skellies or look at even dropping a character because for a VC army you're seriously lacking in foot troops.

I hope my advice will be helpful, thanks. :D

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I might just play ogre. I am not sure. Ogre lists is very easy to make. I dont have to worry about power dice. It looks on the forums every 1,000 point army is getting shot down. Vampire counts seem to be the hardest army to use for 1,000 points in my honest opion. But anyway yeah. I am not sure really sure what I will do. Who knows.

·
Nox
1,705 Posts
I might just play ogre. I am not sure. Ogre lists is very easy to make. I dont have to worry about power dice. It looks on the forums every 1,000 point army is getting shot down. Vampire counts seem to be the hardest army to use for 1,000 points in my honest opion. But anyway yeah. I am not sure really sure what I will do. Who knows.
I played a 1000 point game yesterday. I have played 4 1000 point games with my counts in total. 4 wins :)

My list was (yesterday)

Heroes
Vampire
Dark Acolyte
Flayed Hauberk
Talisman of the Lycni

Necromancer
Book of Arkhan
Extra Spell

Core
25 Skeletons
Full Command
Hellfire Standard

25 Skeletons
Full Command

5 Dire Wolves

5 Dire Wolves

Rare
Varghulf

995 Points ;)

This list (or a similar one, before i lost a wolf unit and replaced the necro with Konrad) is the one which i plan on using from now :). In addition i am always going to take a Varghulf. He killed about 250 points just by making things run away! (he charged onto an over populated hill, terror (and thus panic) ensued). He then proceeded to munch a unit of handgunners and a unit of crossbowmen (the first handgunner squad just WOULDNT run...)

So anyway. I strongly suggest staying to VC, ogres have a very steep learning curve in my opinion....

P.S. Dont comment my list, im going to make it its own thread.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts