Librarium Online Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my very first Eldar army list so i'm looking for any and all critique. I plan on making this an ulthwè list eventually but not right now.

HQ- 75 points

Farseer
-Fortune
-Witchblade

Elites- 108 points

5 Striking Scorpions
Exarch

Troops- 484 points

3x 16 man Defender Guardian Squad
2x Star cannon Platforms

Heavy Support- 240

2x Wraithlords
-Starcannons

Total pointage: 1000 points even

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
u got no anti tank. take off the star cannons ont he wraithlords and add brightlances.

exarch have should have the bititng balde and crushing blow.

farseer, give me the pistol for +1 attack! if u need ot, take out some of the men from the guardian squads since i think a good number for them is 10. it shoudl work out to 1000 pts still.

·
Registered
62 Posts
2 wraithlords in a 1000pt army, u will have to get use to hearing cheesy. Even though there is only one farseer, u should beef him up, some more powers, mind war is a very good one in 1000pt and so is eldritch storm, turn those tanks around to lower their armour. Guide is always good as well.

·
Registered
60 Posts
dont use horde guardian squads, eldar make bad horde armies. I'm just going to make a few pointers.
-first, use the eldar's skill, not numbers
-wraithlords should have anti-tank (lances) and the infantry should have anti-inf
-use a bigger mob of scorps, in a wave serpent with lances.
ur troops (i thought of this possibility once) should be tactical squads, u could stick some ws 4 black assault squad guardians in a serpent, with a warlock with enhance. i dont care if theyre strength 3, theyd be ws 5.
-wave serpents and aspect warriors (or with ulthwe, warlock mobz) characterize eldar and make them good. beefed up wave serpents with scorps inside can be deadlier than a landraider.

·
Registered
969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Heres a new list based upon some of your suggestions.

HQ- 192

110 Farseer
-Fortune
-Mind War
-Eldritch Storm
-Witch Blade
-Shuriken Pistol

3 Warlocks
-Witchblades x3
-Shuriken Pistols x3

Elites- 296

5 Striking Scorpions
-Haywire Grenades x5
Exarch
-Biting Blade
-Crushing Blow
-Haywire Grenades

Wave Serpent
-Twin-Linked Bright Lances
-Crystal Targeting Matrix

Troops-390

10 Guardian Defenders x3
Starcannon Platforms x3

Heavy Support-120

Wraithlord
-Bright Lance

Total: 998

btw, does GW make a Wave Serpent Model? or am i just blatantly missing it?

·
Registered
106 Posts
Yes, GW has a Wave Serpeant model (or is it Forge World??? either way...). I got mobbed by like 4 of these on the field and they're sweet. Oh yea, think about war walkers, two multi-lasers can be nasty.... Esp with a Farseer and guide (1 multilaser x d6 shots x reroll on each one if you pass a morale test). Nice list, wish I could play you.

·
Registered
969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ok, i'll ditch the grenades and storm for some more Scorpions... i want to have a few points left over in case i need to switch to Howling Banshees (the exarch costs just a tad more) if i go up against say necrons or SM, of which i'm sure will happen eventually.

Oh, yeah and the wave serpents are made by forge world.

·
Registered
969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I like to convert... but i don't want to screw up a falcon. I'm much better at converting metal than plastic.

·
Registered
969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I need a little more help... should i ditch the Wraithlord and go for a Fire Prism or should I keep the Wraithlord?

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
id say so. i did last game and i kicked the space puppies to the man. give it a holo field and spirit stones and it is almost invulnerbale. it can capture objectives and cornors, moving 12 and still fire. the wriathlord is a very big target. the fiore prism can take all the shots the wraithlord takes and shrug it off.

why dont u make this a 1500 point list and add the two wriathlords! lol u can solve both probs.

·
Registered
969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well, i don't want to make it a 1500 list because i want a small army to start off with, and i think i'll ditch the wraithlord.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Here is my army(Ulthwe)

Seer council:Farseer+Guide+ccw+shuriken pistol
Farseer+Fortune+ccw+shuriken pistol
Warlock+conceal+ccw+shuriken pistol
Warlock+ccw+shuriken pistol
Warlock+ccw+shuriken pistol = 170 points

Black Guardian Defender Squad
6 Guardians + Starcannon + Crew = 98

6 Guardians + Starcannon + Crew = 98

6 Guardians + Bright Lance + Crew = 98

Dark Reapers x4 = 148

Wraithlord + Starcannon = 120

Falcon + Bright Lance + Holo-field + Spirit Stones = 190

You can base your army on this if you want.Ilike to hide the avatar behind the seer council who will cast fortune on themself(reroll any failed armour saves).So 4+ invulnerable rerollable save and a 5+ rerollable conceal save.The wraithlord hides behind the avatar rerolling missed hits (guide from the council).DO NOT TRY THIS AGIANST DAMON HUNTERS!!!!!!

·
Registered
969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I think i'll still use the fire prism.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.