Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone am new to the forum and i would like to have some advise on my 1000 point army tht i have planned to get and any advise on expanding this to 1500 would be most appreciated. So here it is:

HQ
CCS w/1xflamer+
chimera w/ML+HF

TROOPS=295

Vets squad 1
3xflamers+
chimera w/ML+HF

Vets squad 2
3xmeltas+
chimera w/ML+HF

FAST ATTACK=140

Vendetta w/HB sponsons

HEAVY SUPPORT=435

Medusa HullHB

LRBT Hull HB+sponson HB

2xGriffon Hull HB

=1000

The main idea is tht the take care of anything tht gets to close and the tanks do the rest.
anythoughts for a 1500 or 2000 point army ??

·
durus
2,578 Posts
In a 1000pt army, you need your HQ to be able to do something. Drop the flamer and take 4 Plasma Guns. Your two troops choices are OK, but I would make the Flamer Squad a triple Plasma as well, or two Meltas and a Heavy Flamer. This will eat up more points, so I would drop one Chimera and put the squad in the Vendetta.

The one Leman in not enough AV14 to draw fire, so recommend taking two and making them Battle Cannon + Lasconnon versions. That way they are good at both vehicles and troops if need be. I am personally a fan of the Exterminator Leman variant as it is a great Transport killer. In 5th ed, it is much harder to hide vehicles, so Griffons, Bassies etc are easier to kill. I like the thicker armor more.

In bringing the army up to 1500, add two more Vendettas and troops. Put an Astropath into your HQ for going second reserve rolls and you should be golden.

·
Torn ACL FTL
4,404 Posts
Lascannons on Russes are meh, BS3 kinda sucks, doubly so when Vendettas get 3 TL for cheaper.

Hydras > Execs.

The list looks like on Troops. 3 Vet squads or 1 Vet Squad and a platoon (stick the PCS in a Chimera to use them like another unit of Vets) would be better.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thnx for the advice so far but I have to agree with==ME== on the fact about lascanons they always miss on the russ's so it's not worth it. I forgot to mention in the list about the vets havin shot guns to get nice and close XD I did think about dropin a chimera coz I knew it was a waste of the transport but I didn't know wat to do with the points but ur right so I think I will put will put 3x plasmas in my CCS and 1x HF+2x flamers in my vets is this better now and could use some more advice on a 1500 army :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.