Librarium Online Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im in a team tourny with 3 other people, its 3 games with each person with a thousand pts, and in each game, i am randomly paired with anohter ally until ive played wiv em all. my allies are khorne, slamander marines, and either white scars or biel-tan. so, here it is

doctrine (as in only one needed)- close order drill (because it is free, and i dont want to spend lots of points on abilitys)

HQ-captain w/ power weapon and carapace armor, lascannon

troops-platoon 1-lieutenant w/power weapon, lascannon

squad 1-lasguns
squad 2-lasguns
squad 3-lasguns

platoon 2-lieutenant w/ power weapon, lascannon

squad 1-lasguns, lascannon
squad 2-lasguns
squad 3-lasguns

heavies- leman russ w/ hull heavy bolter, side heavy bolters

leman russ w/ hull heavy bolter

bassilisk w/ indirect fire.

any help would truly be appreciated, as i need help with this list probably more than im admitting.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Hi kraken :)

You really should know by now with 100+ posts that army lists go in the 'army list' sub-forum rather than in the 'armies/IG' section! A mod will move your list im sure :w

On topic, if you are going to be allied with another army take as many heavy wepaons as you possibly can. 95% of experienced Imperial Guard players will tell you to add heavy weapons into your platoon squads in a regular game, let alone a team game where your ally can distract the enemy for you :)

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Drop a squad so you can at least get a HB into the other squads.. Since your only taking las guns make one under strength so you can take some plasma guns or some GL...mass lasgun fire is good, but u need some punch as well. Taking expensive stuff for your Lieut. could be a waste, as they will die to easily in cc. Drop it and give them a storm bolter. I only bother giving stuff like that to a heroic senior officer or someone with the heroicific upgrade. Find a way to get the sharpshooter doctrine in to help with those lascannon roles.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, thanks revered for informing me. i just figured it could go in either. And u be quiet bornin, ive seen u put more replys in army lists in the armies section and never said anything to them! A pox on thee! and im thinking that the whole added punch to squads is a good idea, but which type of special weapon should i use most (plasma, gl, flams, or heavy bolters)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.