Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Swarm Queen of LO
1,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I think I've finally settled on a Red Corsairs list. So I'll post it with generic statements about tactics.

Huron Blackheart, 9 CSMs, Flamer, Rhino w/ EA - 360

10 CSMs, 2 Meltaguns, AC w/ Powerfist, Rhino w/ EA - 260

This is the troop core of my army - pretty straight forward but flexible and mobile, the 3 units together are quite capable of dealing with almost any target.

Predator, Heavy Bolters, Havoc Launcher - 115

I love these things - my main anti-infantry power.

Predator, tri-lascannon - 165

Rather unpopular set-up, but I feel like my other 2 predators have anti-infantry covered and I need more dedicated anti-tank units.

5 Bikers, 2 Meltaguns, AC w/ Powerfist - 225

Hunter-Killers, mostly focused on racing behind enemy lines - striking heavy support units. In a pinch they can offer CC back up to my CSMs.

Total 1,500 exactly - 35 Marines, 6 Vehicles, lots of Dakka.

·
Has a monkey!
1,630 Posts
Huron Blackheart, 9 CSMs, Flamer, Rhino w/ EA - 360

This is the troop core of my army - pretty straight forward but flexible and mobile, the 3 units together are quite capable of dealing with almost any target.
Huron's a great choice for HQ- he can take on pretty much anything. I'd send in some backup with his squad in the form of a Champ with a CC upgrade of some sort. An Icon of Chaos Glory would be good too, on all your squads. The front lines will suffer casualties, you want them to stick it out.

I love these things - my main anti-infantry power.
Nice. I'd add Daemonic Possession so they keep firing.

Predator, tri-lascannon - 165

Rather unpopular set-up, but I feel like my other 2 predators have anti-infantry covered and I need more dedicated anti-tank units.
IMHO all the fast-moving meltas should have vehicles covered, there's a reason these are unpopular.

5 Bikers, 2 Meltaguns, AC w/ Powerfist - 225

Hunter-Killers, mostly focused on racing behind enemy lines - striking heavy support units. In a pinch they can offer CC back up to my CSMs.
Not big on bikes myself, but this squad looks good. Icon would make them better though. ;)

·
Registered
103 Posts
Nice. I'd add Daemonic Possession so they keep firing.
I disagree. That BS4 is critical on the predators, and it's not worth the loss of accuracy.

Overall, you have a lot of redundancy in this list, which isn't necessarily a bad thing in a competitive, functional list. All mechanized, lots of armor, and good firepower. I think this list will perform well in a many situations, even if it's not the most exciting thing in the world.:)

·
Swarm Queen of LO
1,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Overall, you have a lot of redundancy in this list, which isn't necessarily a bad thing in a competitive, functional list. All mechanized, lots of armor, and good firepower. I think this list will perform well in a many situations, even if it's not the most exciting thing in the world.:)
Well, I think it will be exciting. But I also think the categorical imperative is exciting so my opinion is probably not the best. I think it looks a lot like a Space Marine army, but I think that's the way chaos is these days. They aren't "Chaos" Marines, they're "Renegade" Marines - and I will probably model the bikes and possibly one of the CSM squads using space marine models with chaosy additions/defilements.

Performing well in many situations is what I am going for. Balanced, all-comers.

Thanks for the feedback guys.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.