Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm pretty new to DA and I've been writing up some concept lists to give me an idea of how I want my future army to look. What I'm going for is basically DA marines with maybe a little Deathwing thrown in. Let me know what you think!

HQ
---------
Master w/Power Weapon and Combi-Plasma
-120pts

Troops
---------
1st Squad

10 Dark Angel Marines
Vet Sgt w/bp and pf
Plasma Gun
Las Cannon
Razorback with Twin Linked Heavy bolter and Pintle mounted storm bolter
-280pts

2nd Squad

10 Dark Angel Marines
Vet Sgt w/bp and pf
Plasma Gun
Las Cannon
Razorback with Twin Linked Heavy bolter and Pintle mounted storm bolter
-280pts

Elites
-------------
8 Company Veterans w/Combat Shields
Power Fist
2 Combi-Plasma Guns
Plasma Gun
Las Cannon
Razorback with Twin Linked Heavy Bolter and pintle mounted storm bolter
-335pts

Heavy Support
-------------
10 Devestators w/2 Las Cannons and 2 Missile Launchers
Razor Back with Twin Linked Las Cannon
-355pts

Vindicator w/dozer blade
-130pts

Total-1,500pts

I'm really feeling this list. It seems to have a good amount of bodies with a bunch of armor and plenty of las cannons to deal with pesky Tyranid MCs that I end up against more than I'd like! haha

Any and all input is welcome!

Thanks!

·
Registered
261 Posts
I think this is OK. The only things I would change is take the heavy weapon out of the Vet Squad – you'll want to get these chaps into cc asap not stand around worrying about aiming a las. I realise you are going shooty with this unit, but I'd consider swapping the combi-plasmas for power weapons.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I see what you mean, I was thinking the same thing. Do you think maybe another Dev squad would work better then? I'm trying to keep the army shooty. Or would a nasty CC unit in the mix help out? If not what unit would you recommend swapping the vets out with?

Thanks for the reply on both threads but I realize that the fist list is horrible and I defiantly wont be building it!

·
Registered
261 Posts
I think a nasty counter-cc unit is just what you need 8Y, you have enough shooty stuff going on elsewhere.

Cheers
Z

1 - 4 of 4 Posts