Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm just starting my 13th company army, ive already made 1 squad of grey slayers with a power fisted leader, 9x grey slayers, 1 meltagun. I have another squad that should arrive soon.

What im asking is if some people could make me up a list for 1.5 battles and 2k battles feel free to add what ever you want, i have a decent amount of spare cash to buy whats needed. I'm interested in a fast moving close combat army with maybe 1 or 2 squads of long fangs to hang back and shoot for cover with maybe pinning missile barrages. I really like the wulfen and i only intend to have 2 grey slayers packs as troops. Please help me as im quite new to space marine but i know my warhammer and usualy play small elite armies.

·
Slave to the flesh
3,354 Posts
Well, here's my 1500 list, its all footslogging so is a bit slow.

Wolf Lord- runic armour, belt of russ,frostblade,bolt pistol,wolf tooth necklace.
Storm claw bodyguard 7 marines, 1 with powerfist

Wolf priest- plasma pistol

10 wulfen

3 x 10 strong grey slayer packs, each with one meltagun

Long fangs- 2 H bolters, 2 missile launchers.

I have had a reasonable amount of success with it but it could do with improving.

Hope this helps.

·
LO Zealot
1,173 Posts
My 1000pt 13th company list is more mobile.

Wolf lord on bike with frost blade.

Rune Priest with combi melta

7 Grey Slayers (2 are armed with plasmaguns)

3 Storm Claw bikers (2 are armed with meltaguns)

4 Long Fangs armed with meltaguns
Pack leader, bolt pistol ccw.

The rune priest gates around with the long fangs shooting 2 tanks a turn... while the bikers hunt down any other vehicles or pick off targets the long fangs fail to damage, the wolf lord operates by himself, and picks on small units that don't have powerfists or powerweapons (artillery units, scouts, heavy weapon teams etc), the grey slayers after they're free scout will either long range fire bolters and plasmaguns, or advance and rapid fire on turn 2.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Just start with the basics
1 wolf lord
1 wolf priest
1 rune priest

2-3 squads grey slayers

1 long fang squad

if you kit out your hq's to do what there best at and give plasmaguns or meltaguns to the slayers, and give the long fangs anti tanki weaps. this will give an extremely stable base to build on. you could then add whatever you wanted within in the points and make sure its supported by those basic units then your away.

·
LO Zealot
1,173 Posts
I wouldn't buy heavy weapon longfangs they're useless... they have no extra models for casuality removal... as soon as you suffer casaulties you lose valuable models.

Instead giving them melta guns and gating with a rune priest gives you flexible fire power. You can hunt down hidden defilers and all sorts... Give the runey priest a combi melta for that extra punch...

melta guns on bikes give a good tank hunting unit.

Fenrisian wolves give you a first turn charge... what with the scouts special rule, plus beasts and fleet... 2 units of 10 are very handy... buy 2 boxes of goblin wolf riders for this.

·
Registered
235 Posts
I wouldn't buy heavy weapon longfangs they're useless... they have no extra models for casuality removal... as soon as you suffer casaulties you lose valuable models.
imo they arent useless they are are only way of getting long ranged weaponry, the pack leader can be removed if the unit takes casulties, you just have to use them right, put them in terrainb or behind a wall and start firing, and i personally would view a wolf lord priest rune priest, wulfen or storm claws as a higher prioty target than long fangs.

but its really up to you, i personally doont like the idea of n at least 100pt rune priest used as a taxi but if you prefer that dont worry about it the melta combo would work

1 - 6 of 6 Posts