Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
After much playtesting Ive decided upon something like this:::

Thoug again I fear there may be much needed attention from you guys to help out the list!!

1 Vampire - 185
-Forbidden Lore (Beasts)
-Flayed Hauberk
-Black Peript

1 Vampire - 195
-Red Fury
-Talisman of Lycni
-Nightshroud
-Sword of Striking

1 Witch King - 225
-BSB, Drakenhoff Banner

19 Skellies - 172
-Full Command

20 Zombies - 92
-Full Command

20 Zombies - 92
-Full Command

5 Dire Wolves - xx

5 Dire Wolves - xx

19 Grave Guard - 293
-Full Command
-Banner of Barrows

1 Varghulf - 1xx

TOTAL - 1489

PD - 4 + Peripit
DD - 2 + Peripit

To show I have kinda thought about the army:::

Vampire 1 is to ride with the Skellies, and use Beasti magic to attempt to become a Combat machine (dipite the fact that she kinda is already lol)

Vampire 2 is to run with the doggies around the flank

Wight King goes with the Graveguard - making them my main Anvil in the army

Other doggies and Varghulf go around the other flank

Zombies do what zombies do best - shield ;Y

Well After some thinking and pondering I was thinking about trying something like this for a 2k pointer:::::

1 Vampire Lord - 520
-Extra Magic Level
-Master of Black Arts
-Dark Acolyte
-Flayed Hauberk
-Sceptre De Noirot
-Abyssal Terror

**Flys around, spamming Zombies, healing units and extensive rear/flank charges if needed**

1 Vampire - 135
-Forbidden Lore (Beast)

**Goes with Grave Guard for some mean killing power**

1 Vampire - 150
-Dark Acolyte

**Goes with Skellies to try and keep them afloat and alive while dishing out the damage they lack**

1 Vampire - 150
-Sword of Striking
-Armour of Night
-Talisman of Lycni

**Goes on the flank with Varghulf and Wolves --- or straight for Warmachines depending on where they are**

2x 20 Zombies - 92 92
-Full Commands

**The usual extensive tar pits**

19 Skellies - 132
-Full Command

**Pretty much just protecetion for Vampy**

2x 5 Dire Wolves

**Flank with Varghulfs**

19 Grave Guard - 293
-Full Command
-Banner of Strigoi

**Goes around with CC Vampy, Banner of Strigoi is just to make sure her 6 attacks hit home**

2x Varghulfs

**Never leave home without them :p**

TOTAL - 2000

PD - 10
DD - 5

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Anyone????

Come on guys --- feedback is a good thing -- and I kno you want to flame me like mad for another poor attempt at a list :D

·
Suffer not the Unclean
2,251 Posts
I'm not really feeling your vampire builds. 160pts for a T4 2W combat character with a 6+ armor save seems tenuous to me. Bear's Anger is Remains in Play. Your opponent can dispell it in his own turn and subsequently kill the crap out of that very pricey hero =).

I think Lord of the Dead would be a much better investment than the tomb blade. A model with 3A isn't raising a whole heck of a lot of skeletons with that. Taking avatar of death and then a magic weapon doesn't work for me either. That's a lot of points (and lost vamp ability options) for a 4+ armor save.

The lord looks good, but he also looks well over 500 pts adding him up in my head =).

·
/botnobot/
12,489 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
@InquisitorAffe --- Lol your right - I completely forgot to add in the Extra magic level

SOOOOOO some changes need to be made:::

Grave Guard Vamp now just has Forbidden Lore -- the whole idea of her was that there would be no one left to attack her back after her intial 6 attacks (the Nightshroud was the ensure that she always goes first in combat)

The Skelly Vamp has Lost her Tomb Blade to free up some points for the Lord

@DavidVC04 --- yeah the Lord is pricy (especially now Ive added in the Extra Magic level lol) but I hope he will be worth it --- the whole idea of him was to spam Zombies all over the place as well as providing 'some' combat support if and when needed (though being alone I understand he may be a tad vulnerable) --- and also to cause mass Terror Checks --- though if needed I suppose I could downgrade it to just a normal Hellsteed (though thats just not as impressive is it????) which would free up 105 points (lol just enough for 5 Fell bats)

MAJOR EDIT*******

I just realised Imissed out 1 vampy in the 2k list lol

1 - 5 of 5 Posts