2 SC's 2 Blasters
Agonsier

15 warriors + syb
2 SC's 2 Blasters
Agonsier

15 warriors + syb
2 SC's 2 Blasters
Agonsier
(multi pupose warriors, which will named MU in rest of post have 2 wwps)

Talos*

Talos*

5 Warpbeats + beast master*

Points is slightly over by 20ish points but an easy fix.
everything with a star(*) is in web way portal.
Basically the 3 MU's get as close to the line as they can be without being stupid and getting shot to bits lol.
they will all move their full distance and FOF in first turn. they will deploy thier portals on 2nd and 3rd turn depending on ranges and movement etc. by 2nd turn they should have closed half way across battlefield.
At this stage i find that all SC's are usually in range so its nice to get a bit of cover and keep the hail of fire coming, let the enemy come to you and assault when time is right.
1 heamie will be behind the 3 squads as i move them as a block force, heamie will deal with flankers if any. Will provide support to keep warriors momentum going while he deals with any threats from offensive squads.

Once the time is right talos, lord and warpbeasts will get into combat attacking one flank, MU's will support fire and heamies will come in to play by attacking the other flank once the time is right, If enemy decides to move to avoid the flank, they will huddle up on one flank making it possible for flamer heaven.
Lancer squads speak for themselves they are my anti armour. Make it safer for talos to come on the battlefield and Be the big beasties they are.:rofl

so what ya think, no raiders would be fun to play. 8X

·
Archite of Caerbannog
1,582 Posts
A nice list and I like the idea of making it different. With the lord on a bike I was hoping to find a squad of bikes in the list - would you consider dropping a "sniper" squad for a 3 bike squad with 2 blasters? The lord could tag along but I thought the bikes coming out of the portal would give you a little better "reach" as they come out of the portal. Not really for CC though, just armor hunting and MC/HQ popping.

Definitely a "slogger" list and I love the large warrior squads - you will not be disappointed with them!

I can really see this as a "biker" list with a little modification - very interesting!

·
Orks_n_Bugs
1,388 Posts
2 quick things

-why doesn't your dracon have a t-helm?

-I think you need a wyche squad in order to take beasts

Otherwise it's a very interesting list

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thx for pointers. yeah theres room to add a bike squad instead of 10 man warrior squad kwi.
not something personally i would do myself, bikes tend to not last long in any of my games.
just have sooooo much bad luck with them i rarely take them.
i really now only contemplate them when running two dracon lists, which rarely happens as i love my heamies on skyboards so much, with my skyboards they are easy to hide and protect. Plus the devastating effects from the flamers are perfect for footslogging lists.

as for the t.helm yeah it was in there, just a typo.

I love slogger lists now it takes the focus from your raiders to your troops.
always nice to try something new, have been playing alot of slogger lists recently.
IMO alot better than raider lists, but everyone has their preference.
Still like to change tactics and style of play every so often, I'm on slogger mode at the mo.
win ratio has been better since the change but once the players i play get used to it, i'll revert back to raider lists to mess with their heads

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.