Heavysupport: Heavydestroyer x2 130 PTS
Heavydestroyer x2 130 PTS
260 PTS

HQ: Lord Destroyer Body,phase shifter, Wscythe
170 PTS

Elites: Immortal x8
224 PTS

Total 1494

Is this ok? Does this work with spacemarines or imperial guard? Should i change lords wargear to: Wscythe phase shifter and orb and take some pariahs?

·
Registered
804 Posts
You need to edit out those point totals its against forum rules.

As for the list I can't see why your using a dbody lord. You need a res orb close to your other units and he simply won't work. Another thing to point out is at 1500+ a lith is almost staple unless your using a c'tan. It's just as good at tank hunting as h. destroyers and a lot tougher as well as it's other abilities, a straight swap is the way to go here.

So after changes it should look smething like

Lord (res orb) - cheap and cheerful
10 Warriors
10 Warriors
10 Warriors
8 Immortals
3 Destroyers
3 Destroyers
1 Monolith

This will leave you 61pts to do what you want with. A tomb spyder, another destroyer and Cmetron on the lord or a veil of darkness are all good options. Or if you really want to stick with a destroyer lord you could slim down on the immortals and add some wraiths or scarabs to help him.

·
Registered
406 Posts
I agree with Shas,

This is my thought on your current army list. Feel free to ignore if it doesn't suit.

A solid phalanx as per Shas's suggestion can shake off just about everything with a Res Orb lord in the middle.

Depending on how many armour units your opponent fields, you could drop a few warriors and pitch a few heavy destroyers for fire support.

If you can field one, a monolith is extremely useful in a 1500pt game as it carries immense firepower, tough armour and the ability to re-roll one unit's failed WBB rolls per turn.

Since you're not likely to run with a destroyer party (Lord led destroyer units) due to lack of destroyer numbers, I'd lose the destroyer body since its useless when leading phalanx of warriors and take a Res Orb along with Gaze of Flame if you can.

Pariahs.... They're not that useful in games less than 2000pts and the points can be better spent on immortals as they last longer and you get more out of them.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
What you mean? How its against them? And thanks for advices, but no need for monolith because it cost lots of points and lascannons kill it easily-Thats why i use heavy destroyers. And orb lord... i think it will be ok.I think destroyer lord can take out some weak units with destroyer support and come help warrior units fast in close quarter combat. Destroyers move together and shoot stronger units when possible.

·
Registered
406 Posts
If that is how you intend to play, then fair enough.

Destroyers are excellent, especially with how you intend to use them. Just remember that you need to support your warriors as much as possible as well.

Its understandable that you don't wish to field a monolith at 1500pts. 1500pts is more or less the borderline range where you can effectively field a monolith. While lascannons can kill it, its now much harder to do so since glancing hits no longer kill outright.

If you can manage things well, then your list is a formidable one.

Hope this helps.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.