Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well as many already know i hate mec and i cant stand them for some reason. Also with my painting speed i cant make a horde either so here is a cool one i think can win games,

Old zogurat

Wierdboy
-warphead

10 flash gitz
-all 3 upgrades, painboy

10 flash gitz
-all 3 upgrades, painboy

20 shoots boys
-2 rokkits, nob with pole and Bchoppa

20 shoots boys

20 shoots boys

13 tank bustas
3 squigs, nob woth pole and tank hammer

So what you guys think??? Zogurat takes down Hq's and i get random spells with boys which is reliable XD. This ment to be a fun and random army where i need some luck to win

·
Registered
8 Posts
A lot of people will tell you flash gitz arent worth taking, but if you really enjoy usin em' go for it. I really think you should take out one of Gitz units out though, and use all those points on some more boys. I would take as much boys as possible dude, being you have two weirdboys re-rolling two dice, which should hopefully give you that much needed waghh most turns for your foot sloggers. I like the rockits in your squadsm because your tankbustas will probably get popped quick if hes got descent armour.

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Old zogurat

Wierdboy
-warphead
Zogwort is a lot of fun, and he can be quite vicious. The second Warp'ead I'd consider replacing with a Big Mek (KFF or SAG, I recommend KFF)

10 flash gitz
-all 3 upgrades, painboy

10 flash gitz
-all 3 upgrades, painboy
Just like Guinness (mmm :beer:) said, most people disapprove of Flash Gitz, and for a good reason. They're 100% ineffective without a transport, and really the only transport worth putting such an investment of points into is a Battle Wagon.

If you really like them.. really really like them.. keep one unit and have fun. But otherwise I recommend dropping one (or both) to be replaced with Lootas. They're cheaper, and much more effective.

20 shoots boys

20 shoots boys

20 shoots boys
Oi! You're doing it all wrong! Every mob MUST have a Nob with a Power Klaw!! It's da law! It is an absolute must, no room for interpretation or personal preference. Upgrade those Big Choppas to Power Klaws!

Also, I find Rokkits in Boyz mobz to be highly innefective, especially shoota boyz. Orks rely upon volume of fire to compensate for their low BS, and 2x Rokkits just don't cut it. If you're aiming to pop a tank, you'll need to dedicate all three units to the task, and maybe you'll score a penetrating hit. You'll be wasting 34 Shoota attack for every unit you choose to fire at a tank. I strongly encourage you to use Big Shootas instead.

13 tank bustas
These boyz are complete rubbish. Unfortunate, because they're also completely awesome (by concept). Their rules gimp them, and any opponent worth their meddle will bait them across the battlefield with a single transport. They'll spend the whole match chasing after it, doing nothing else.

So what you guys think??? Zogurat takes down Hq's and i get random spells with boys which is reliable XD. This ment to be a fun and random army where i need some luck to win
Over all, you're on the right track, but there are a few things I would consider changing.

Most importantly, the Shoota Boyz, they NEED Power Klaws and Big Shootas.

Next are the Tank Bustas, I would consider replacing them with Lootas first (Much more reliable for popping tanks, and also quite random!). On a similar note, Flash Gitz are, IMO, more reliable than Tank Bustas, but still not very awe inspiring. I would consider dropping one, and keeping the other (they are quite fun, despite what I say) and using the points for either...

Killa Kanz - They're quite fun, more intimidating than Flash Gitz, and much more effective IMO. This is the unit you'll want to put your Rokkits on.

More Lootas - I've already said my bit.

Burna Boyz - So many flame templates means the death of almost any Infantry unit. And they're the only unit with power weapons in the whole codex. Watch your opponent's horror as they butcher their expensive Termies in CC.

Battle Wagon - It's not speed freaks if you pick up only one. This bad boy is the perfect toy for 20x Shoota Boyz (or Burna Boyz, if you choose them). If you do choose Burnas, though, you almost definitely need a transport for them -- and here it is.

·
878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well i played 2 games with them, and i won both games hehe. Flash gits are a hard thing to kill and sucked all fire power. Well with my roiling they were always ap 3 or lower XD and just mauled a mec space marine army. I kept my tank bustas in the middle and boy was enemy pissed when i had flash gits on the other sides(no way to avoid dieing XD) With me i have a 50% chance of hitting on 5's for some reason so i always had a rokiit hit something.For the power claw thing(it inst true at all) str 6 will kill dreads and such quite easily as opponents saw to there amazement. I dont see what the fuss is over flash gitz as i find them really good as both transport killers and infantry killers. And zograt turned pedro into a squig and a avatar XD.I think im gonna roll with this list as it seems to be working for me

·
878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Here is my new list which is now 1750pts

Old zogurat

10 flash gitz
-2 upgrades, painboy

10 flash gitz
-2 upgrades, painboy

20 shoots boys

20 shoots boys

20 shoots boys

13 tank bustas

3 buggies
Twin rokkits, red paint

Looted wagon
red paint,ard case, boomgun, wreckin ball,

This list has done fairly good and managed alot of close wins and hasnt lost yet. People are surprised at how effective Gitz are with my rolling XD>

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
dont always count on rolling unless you have fixed dice. It's just as easy to have a streak of bad luck as it is to have a streak of good luck.

Im just saying that if you really like this list (and flash gits are VERY orky imo) then dont get too discouraged if you have several games in a row where they cant really do anything.

·
878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
OH i love the randomness of orks and that why i chose them. If i wanted reliable army id go with marines or guard. I also play more for fun and join a few tourneys just for laughs and maybe couple wins XD. I try to make lists were my experience wins me games not fundamentals like nob bikers spam which is just easy(get into meele asap). I like have hard time to win and i know i can, im feared at the club XD for my tactics and well the ability to win games. So for me fun is more important than all out wining as i also dont like seeing people sad or angry because of some jackbutt playing cheesy lists.

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
If it's been working for you, GREAT!

Disregarding list composition, you still might want to consider Loota Boyz and Big Meks w/ SAG. Just to add to your collection. They're also very random units, and as you continue to expand, having them around would be great for when you're in the mood to try something a little different.

With Loota / Burna boxes, if you buy any, make Lootas with the bitz that come with it, then if your ever in the mood you can easily customize regular Boyz into Burnas with the spare bitz. Very worthwhile purchase, IMO, both units are incredibly fun ^_^

I'm glad to hear Flash Gitz have been working out for you :D They're one of the most unappreciated units in our Codex. I personally think they'd be great if they could take a dedicated transport like other Nobz, and would probably use them then. As is I can't fit them into my standard lists.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.