Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
UCS, standing for Unconventional Chimera Spam. Yes, I was a tad bit bored today and felt like amusing myself in some way, resulting in this. I was simply thinking about how amazingly good the standard Chimera is, equiped with weapons both for Hordes, Light AV and MC's, all this for only 55pts. So, how many could one squeeze into 1.5k, and still have an effective list?
Well, the answer is in this case ten.

HQ 145
Company Command 145
4 Meltaguns
Chimera with Multi-laser
and hull Heavy flamer

Troops 1090
Infantry Platoon 1: 605
Platoon Command 125
4 Meltaguns
Chimera with Multi-laser
and hull Heavy flamer

Infantry Squad 120
Meltagun
Mortar
Chimera with Multi-laser
and hull Heavy flamer

Infantry Squad 120
Meltagun
Mortar
Chimera with Multi-laser
and hull Heavy flamer

Infantry Squad 120
Meltagun
Mortar
Chimera with Multi-laser
and hull Heavy flamer

Infantry Squad 120
Meltagun
Mortar
Chimera with Multi-laser
and hull Heavy flamer

Infantry Platoon 2: 485
Platoon Command 125
4 Meltaguns
Chimera with Multi-laser
and hull Heavy flamer

Infantry Squad 120
Meltagun
Mortar
Chimera with Multi-laser
and hull Heavy flamer

Infantry Squad 120
Meltagun
Mortar
Chimera with Multi-laser
and hull Heavy flamer

Infantry Squad 120
Meltagun
Mortar
Chimera with Multi-laser
and hull Heavy flamer

Fast Attack 260
Vendetta 130

Vendetta 130

Infantry: 85

Vehicles: 12

Well, some of you might question the build on the Infantry Squads, but stay with me. I've been thinking like this:
As stated earlier the Chimera can handle Hordes with its HF and hurt Light AV and MCs with the ML, so, what do we lack? Yes, something to take care of High AV. I know most of you will now say "But they're only BS3, they won't hit anything!". Well, 50% of the time, this will be true. But, there's for the first of all 19 Meltaguns in this list, and the list can afford to loose a IS or two, or three. They are not meant to be the most reliable of ATs, but they now have the possibility to pop anything save for a Monolith.

Then, what more could this list need? Well, it could need some kind of ability to take care of Hordes at range, and also the ability to take care of enemies hiding behind terrain and have to chance to kill some of them. So, if I so please, the first and second turn could be spent with me hiding behind terrain and bombarding the enemy with seven blast templates. I know, I know, not the largest threat in the world, but still, something you can't just ignore.

Now, except from this we have some more reliable AT in the form of two Vendettas and the three Command Squads with Meltaguns. I believe this list will be able to perform quite a nasty rush and be able to force the enemy into a tight spot simply because of the amount of AV coming his way.

Well, mostly just for fun, but do you guys think this could work? ^^

Cheers everyone ^^

·
Registered
2,508 Posts
My main concern with this list is the prospect of a midfield traffic jam with all the chimeras. Mortars are highly random in their performance, coupled with low ap and only moderate strength not a winning combo in my opinion. If you wanted to go with the mechanized theme, and add some indirect fire, collossus mortars, or manticores, would be my weapons of choice. The manticores would give you some long range high str weaspons to take out av 14 too.

The list looks like a mounted attrition company. You won't win in a KP game, but I think you'd give people fits in an objective game.

·
Drill Sergeant
10,215 Posts
It's odd but i actually like it.

Ditch the Mortars, All of them. They add nothing to your list other than give you the conundrum of sitting back and plinking some inacurate str4 shots at the enemy rather than burning it forwards and burning/melting them.

I'd also think about grabbing some Plasma Guns on the CCS. Some rapid firing high str shots will be handy against Monstrous creatures. Melta guns just don't kick out enough shots to kill these boys in one turn so you'll either end up using multiple squads to knock them out which will cause traffic jams and all sorts of headahes.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for your replies ^^

I was actually thinking about the Vendettas working quite well to get rid of thoose possible MCs. 6 TL-Lascannons should be able to pop one a turn at least, but I do see what you're getting at. The Mortars were kind of in the plan to not form the kind fo traffic jam that could be expected, by letting some Chimeras stay back and provide supporting Mortar-fire. But you might be right... If I dropped them from Infantry Platoon 2, I could afford to give my CCS 4 Plasmas. Then the army could be ran in two waves, first sending of the second Infantry Platoon together with the CCS while the First gives supportive fire, then once they start getting close, the First could come in. Altough this might not be all that good, since the enemy could then simply concentrate on one wave at a time, and 5 Chimeras a time isn't THAT hard to take down... :/

But, if I dropped all the Mortars, that'd give my CCS Plasmas and then leave me with 20pts left over. Maybe getting some Plasmas for a PCS? Altough that would leave me with less reliable AT...

But, how does this look:

HQ 165
Company Command 165
4 Plasma guns
Chimera with Multi-laser
and hull Heavy flamer

Troops 1055
Infantry Platoon 1: 585
Platoon Command 125
4 Meltaguns
Chimera with Multi-laser
and hull Heavy flamer