camo
snipers
Missile
Iron clad
flamer
melta
pod
X6

the list is mainly for fun but I do want to win some games obv, the idea is the forge makes a building 3+ cover then the scouts make it 2+ with there cloaks whilst the front line gets pounded by dreads, and lots of them ;)

·
Registered
370 Posts
i'm not exactly familiar with ultramarines given i play space marines but aren't dreads elites? You can only have three elite choices but you have six. But idk cause i don't have my codex with me. At least for blood angels they are elites

·
No Life King
2,819 Posts
With the Master of the Forge you can take dreads as heavy support as well, giving you the option of fielding six of them.
Ratling, please do not post points costs of base units or upgrades. Keep to posting the cost of the full unit.
Thank You,
Alzer

For your list, consider grabbing a couple venerable dreadnoughts so you have a bit of shooting, other than just trying to walk up and smash everything to bits. Also that many drop pods may just grant a pile of killpoints to your opponent.

With just sniper scouts, I imagine objectives games being rather difficult. The immobility of your troops could really hurt you when you need to be grabbing objectives. Look into some drop pod tactical squad or the like.

·
Registered
370 Posts
yeah but he said he just wanted to try this list out for fun. It's not competitive i don't think

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
oh no its not competative at all I just want to play a couple of games with the m8s and win every now and then :)

and the games we play are basic 1k -1.5k six turn victory points.

but I do see youre point of having around 200 points of my list just being kill points, but I would normaly spend it on rhino's any way lol I am thinking of maybe adding some shoutie dreads but I'm not sure, I really like the front and side 13 on the irno clad.

thanks for the feed back through guys, any more?

·
1,880 Posts
I don't see why this list wouldn't win ALOT? I mean six 13 armor vehicles! And if you dropped all of them right on your opponent that's alot of BRUTAL assaults. Imagine 6 drop pods doing some damage with their bolters they carry. Your 2+ cover save guys are insane, and I imagine he's fielding the claw/flamer combo? So he's talking S10 ripping power. You'll be insta killing alot of stuff.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yeah I must say I do like the idea of the whole list, and no the tech marine is sitting back with the conversion beamer blowing stuff up lol, but I might not upgrade him so four of the dreads can have double flamer action?

I was even thinking of having vulkan so they have twin linked flamers but he is a bit expensive for that reason...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts