Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
The Dark Knight
2,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'll be playing a very large doubles game next week. We must take allies but your partner can't have the same army. Also we must stay within the force organizational chart. I'll be playing guard and tau. While my partner will be playing grey knights and space marines. We will be facing chaos demons chaos space marines, space wolves and orks.

My Imperial Guard
HQ
Company Command Squad x4
4 plasma pistols
16 plasma guns
4 masters of ordnance
4 carapace armors
4 camo cloaks
2 astropaths
2 officers of the fleet

Elite
Storm Trooper Squads x6 (5 man squad deep striking)
6 plasma pistols
12 plasma guns

Troop
Veteran Squad x12
36 plasma guns
12 laser cannons
12 plasma pistols
12 camo cloaks & snare mines
12 carapace armors

Fast Attack
Vendetta Gunship x6

Heavy Support
Leman Russ Executioner x11
11 heavy bolters

My Tau
HQ
Shas'el Commander Battle Suit x2
2 plasma rifles
2 missile pods
2 targeting arrays

Shas'vre Bodyguard x4
4 plasma rifles
4 missile pods
4 targeting arrays

Elite
Shas'ui Crisis Battle Suit x9
9 plasma rifles
9 missile pods
9 targeting arrays

Troop
Fire Warrior Squad x6 (12 Tau each squad has a Shas'ui Leader)
6 hardwired drone controllers
12 marker drones

Heavy Support
Shas'ui Broadside Battle Suit x9
9 twin linked rail guns
9 twin linked plasma rifles
9 targeting arrays

My partners Grey Knights
HQ
Lord Kaldor

Grand Master Mordrak with 5 Ghost Knights

Elite/Troop
Paladin Squad x9 (10 man squads)
18 incinerators

Fast Attack
Stormraven Gunship
1 twin linked multi melta
2 twin linked laser cannons

Heavy Support
Land Raider Redeemer x3
3 multi meltas

My partners Space Marines
HQ
Space Marine Chapter Master x2
2 storm bolters, power swords and terminator armor

Honor Guard (10 man squads) x2

Elite
Terminator Assault Squad (10 man squads) x3

Troop
Tactical Squad x2 (10 man squads)
2 flamers
2 missile launchers

Heavy Support
Land Raider Redeemer x3

·
Registered
57 Posts
Ok so i say you are missing the most important thing about guard which is numbers. If you have to stay in the chart go platoons and max them out. The amount of squads and HWS SWS would out gun and out number your opposition 10-1. Guard are not elite troops that can go toe to toe against chaos or space pups. You should have guard be the base army pounding your foe to nothing .ith long ranged weapons. Your tau should be decked to marine kills and support (battle suits vespas ect.) of your ally who could toe to toe your enemy. Your ally should be just decked to assault and mop up those that did survive the guard shooting phase. Maybe do grey knights and sub blood angels and take assault troops. And maybe take 9 lemon russes with bolters to slowly trim the ork horde since they are most likely cannon fodder till he can assault you en masse with his elite troops

·
Registered
57 Posts
You could take a few lemon russ executioners with heavy bolters and a stubber so you can move 6in and pump out 9 heavy bolter shots 3 stubber shots and 4 autocannon shots into a squad and put out insane amounts of saves. Or even a punisher 20 st5 ap- shots making them just die under saves. But its your game and i say best of luck to ya

·
The Dork Knight
1,131 Posts
I think you mean the Exterminator the Executioner has the 3 burst plasma cannon. The Exterminator has the Twin Linked Autocannons.

Anyway you should take more Veteran Squads if you can and a Eradicater would not be a bad idea for those Orks they wouldn't get an armor save or cover save from the blast. Also you could take some Executioners with Lascannons since if you fire an ordnance weapon on a Leman Russ you can only snap fire the other weapons.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts