Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HQ -
Sorceror Of Tzeench - 85
MOT, Bolt of Change

Elites -
4 Chosen of Teench - 268
All aspiring Chanpions, all with bolt of change.

Troops -
9 1k Sons - 230
8 Rubric Marines, Bolters
Free Aspiring Champion with Doombolt

9 1k Sons - 230

Heavy Support
Defiler of Tzeench - 190
Indirect Fire, Coruscating Flame

Total - 1003
23 Infantry
1 Vehicle
A hell of a lot of anti-marine. Please review.

·
The other Kind of Fluff
8,843 Posts
As it stands you army looks good against an all-troop marine army or necron; but you are exceptionally weak against tanks. You cannot rely on alot of 8 strength weapons to take down a predator or monolith, for example. You would do better with a predator w/ an auto-cannon hull & lascannon sponsons (w/ daemonic possession), than your current defiler configuration. This would free up a significant number of points.

Concerning your movement: Your army will have difficulty with objective missions, such as quarters. You really need one of your troop squads (perhaps both) in rhinos. If you decide to keep them footslogging then they will definitely need thralls, so you can 'machine-gun' your psi powers. I would suggest 2-3 thralls per squad.
GenericGuy said:
HQ -
Sorceror Of Tzeench - 85
MOT, Bolt of Change
A fine h.q. Cheap and effective, but why no thralls?

GenericGuy said:
Elites -
4 Chosen of Teench - 268
All aspiring Chanpions, all with bolt of change.
Along w/ your h.q., you have well over a 3rd of your points invested in a single squad. Each member of your retinue is costly, and so you will be losing alot of points everytime a model is killed. Also, this squad is not particularily resilient and can be taken down (and probably will be) the first round. Typically, you will want to reserve investing this many points in a choosen squad for battles of 2000+.
If you must use this squad, then you really need to have 2 basic choosen to use as casualties.

For the point cost of your retinue, you can have an additional troop squad- seems to make more sense. T.S. troops are amazingly resilient, as you probably know.
GenericGuy said:
Troops -
9 1k Sons - 230
Good. Your a.c. needs a power fist, without which the squad has no c.c. tricks and will be easily taken down, albeit it will take some time.

GenericGuy said:
Heavy Support
Defiler of Tzeench - 190
Indirect Fire, Coruscating Flame
Twenty percent of your points are going into a single model that effectively has but a single wound. And while indirect fire will help, you may want to consider removing coruscating flame for points conservation. As I said above, a predator would serve your army much better. Statistically, it takes out about as many troops (considering) as the defiler and is much cheaper.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
boydgarrett said:
As it stands you army looks good against an all-troop marine army or necron; but you are exceptionally weak against tanks. You cannot rely on alot of 8 strength weapons to take down a predator or monolith, for example. You would do better with a predator w/ an auto-cannon hull & lascannon sponsons (w/ daemonic possession), than your current defiler configuration. This would free up a significant number of points.

Concerning your movement: Your army will have difficulty with objective missions, such as quarters. You really need one of your troop squads (perhaps both) in rhinos. If you decide to keep them footslogging then they will definitely need thralls, so you can 'machine-gun' your psi powers. I would suggest 2-3 thralls per squad.

A fine h.q. Cheap and effective, but why no thralls?

Along w/ your h.q., you have well over a 3rd of your points invested in a single squad. Each member of your retinue is costly, and so you will be losing alot of points everytime a model is killed. Also, this squad is not particularily resilient and can be taken down (and probably will be) the first round. Typically, you will want to reserve investing this many points in a choosen squad for battles of 2000+.
If you must use this squad, then you really need to have 2 basic choosen to use as casualties.

For the point cost of your retinue, you can have an additional troop squad- seems to make more sense. T.S. troops are amazingly resilient, as you probably know.

Good. Your a.c. needs a power fist, without which the squad has no c.c. tricks and will be easily taken down, albeit it will take some time.

Twenty percent of your points are going into a single model that effectively has but a single wound. And while indirect fire will help, you may want to consider removing coruscating flame for points conservation. As I said above, a predator would serve your army much better. Statistically, it takes out about as many troops (considering) as the defiler and is much cheaper.
Well yeah, theo only two people i play are Blood Angels and Crons. My Blood Angel freind only has one predator, which can be effectively taken out by some bolt of changes.

The reason for the Chaos Sorceror and the Defiler is because i bought them ,and want them in my army. As far as i am concerned, they will be part of my army. I will drop coruscating flame, but i thought it was obligatory in 1k sons to have the vehicle upgrade.

The reason for the 5 BOC's is because of the Death Company. I basically get four kills on the death company each turn, and he usually has around 7 or 8 not including chaplain. Two turns and 200 points gone, along with the HQ.

I changed to 1k sons because of my awesome bolter power. I have played against my freinds BA three times, and not once has he acheived CC because of my awesome 24 inch destruction that kills off at least 25% each turn. They just seemed good for that. I am not actually doing the 1k sons paint design. I am going with liche purple with mithril silver. It looks very cool. I am posting my sorceror.

·
The other Kind of Fluff
8,843 Posts
GenericGuy said:
The reason for the Chaos Sorceror and the Defiler is because i bought them ,and want them in my army. As far as i am concerned, they will be part of my army. I will drop coruscating flame, but i thought it was obligatory in 1k sons to have the vehicle upgrade.
It's optional. You don't have to take the specific army upgrades on any vehicles.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
boydgarrett said:
It's optional. You don't have to take the specific army upgrades on any vehicles.
Okay. New List!

HQ-
Sorceror of Tzeench - 85
Mot, Bolt of Change, three thrall wizards

Accompanied unit of chosen - 268
4 Chosen
Aspiring champion for all, and Bolt of Change

Troops -
9 Tzeench marines
8 With Rubric Sign
1 Free Aspiring Champion w/doombolt

9 Tzeench marines
8 With Rubric Sign
1 Free Aspiring Champion w/doombold

Heavy Support
Defiler - 175
Indirect Fire

·
Librarian from Hell
4,133 Posts
If you drop the Champion upgrades (!?!) from the Chosen you'd have points enough to get the regular champs both a powerfist and a thrall each.
Why on earth (or any planet) do you pay them points on making them champs when you do not use it at all?
You could buy two of them 2 thralls each or a powerweapon or...something, anything.
They do not have to be made champions to have access to the Sorcerous powers, they get that when selling their souls to Tzeentch.

You could also consider dropping a couple of Rubrics from one of he troopsquads and get them a rhino. The rhino works very well in combination with Wind of Chaos and thralls.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Don't you need Aspiring Champion to be able to get bolt of change? And evern if it isn't necessary, i'd rather just buy 6 extra thralls, because as i've said before, i am good only at the 24 inch range. I'd rather slaughter my enemies there before they manage cc.

·
Librarian from Hell
4,133 Posts
No, you don't need to be a champ to have Bolt of Change. As a psychicpower it is excluded from the requirement. The thralls are Gifts of the Gods though(and need the champion upgrade). Be careful so you don't get more thralls then Marines as this would make you T3.
If you plan on having them accompanying your Rubriks yu only need like 2 each as the Doombolt is shortranged.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Andusciassus said:
No, you don't need to be a champ to have Bolt of Change. As a psychicpower it is excluded from the requirement. The thralls are Gifts of the Gods though(and need the champion upgrade). Be careful so you don't get more thralls then Marines as this would make you T3.
If you plan on having them accompanying your Rubriks yu only need like 2 each as the Doombolt is shortranged.
Okay. Thank you for the information.

New List!

HQ -
Sorceror of Tzeench - 100
MOT, Bolt of Change, Three Thrall Wizards

Accompanied unit of chosen
4 Chosen - 228
MOT, Bolt of Change

Troops -
9 Tzeench Marines - 245
8 Rubric Marines
1 Free Champion with Bolt of change and thrall wizard

9 Tzeench Marines - 245
8 Rubric Marines
1 Free Champion with Bolt of change and thrall wizard

Heavy Support -
Defiler - 175
Indirect fire

Total - 1003

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So i guess no one has any problems with the list?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts