Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello in there!
Me and my friends are starting a mini mighty empire and I'm trying to build a balanced 1000 pts. army, I'm going to use this list for every battles without any changes.

Here's the list :

Mage (Using High magic most of the time for drain magic and shield of saphery)
Anulian Crystal

10 Archers

15 Spearmen
Standard
Musician

7 White Lions
Banner
Lion standard
Musician

5 Ellyrian Reavers
Bows
Musician

5 Dragon Princes
Standard
Warbanner
Musician

RBT

·
Herman1004
1,266 Posts
Hi out there:)

I'm not really familiar with campaign gaming but I'll give it a shot.

Actually I like this list alot. You have the necessary magic defence and alot of speed, CC punch and some shooting as well. My only concern is that you may give your opponent some free VP points with the DP banner. Thats crucial in smaller point games.

Is your mage lvl. 1 or 2? If lvl. 1 maybe you should consider upgrading him as he will give a punch in the magic phase as well.

Hope it helped.

·
Master of the Crab Women
1,007 Posts
Hello in there!
Me and my friends are starting a mini mighty empire and I'm trying to build a balanced 1000 pts. army, I'm going to use this list for every battles without any changes.

Here's the list :

Mage (Using High magic most of the time for drain magic and shield of saphery)
Anulian Crystal

It'd be a good idea to make him level 2 for some more magic punch. Nothing sucks more than being stuck with using 2 power dice maximum per spell. It's a nice defensive setup but at this level you won't find much magic. Give him the Jewel of the Dusk and level 2 to give you magic superiority.

You might want to consider getting a noble for more combat punch. You might even consider replacing the mage with a fighty noble too.

10 Archers

These are alright.

15 Spearmen
Standard
Musician

Looking good.

7 White Lions
Banner
Lion standard
Musician

Hmm. Such a small unit is good for flanking but command is not a great idea. The standard hoovers loads of points and you could use this for more bodies or even another unit.

5 Ellyrian Reavers
Bows
Musician

I like fast cavalry but you must know how to use them.

5 Dragon Princes
Standard
Warbanner
Musician

This is a good setup and could be better with a mounted noble. Also consider the Banner of Ellyrion

RBT

It's always good to have one
My thoughts are as above. It seems like a good list but I would make the above changes.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Hi out there:)

I'm not really familiar with campaign gaming but I'll give it a shot.

Actually I like this list alot. You have the necessary magic defence and alot of speed, CC punch and some shooting as well. My only concern is that you may give your opponent some free VP points with the DP banner. Thats crucial in smaller point games.

Is your mage lvl. 1 or 2? If lvl. 1 maybe you should consider upgrading him as he will give a punch in the magic phase as well.

Hope it helped.

You are right about the DPs they are point sink like that thanks for the tip :)
Here's my new list :

Mage
Lv 2
Annulian Crystal (Could it be better with a staff of sorcery instead?)

10 Archers

15 Spearmen
Banner
Musician

5 Ellyrian Reaver
Musician

7 White Lions
Standard
Lion Standard
Musician

5 Dragon Princes

RBT

Great Eagle

*Edit*
I did not see Swntzu's post before posting I'll take your suggestions in consideration you made alot of good points ( 1000 pts is so short... :( )

·
Herman1004
1,266 Posts
Definitely keep the crystal. In smaller point games it will be an huge difference and you'll often end up having as many DD as your opponent has PD.

I'm beginning to like this list alot. All the speed...

Though I'm not a fan of ellyrian reavers I think you make the best of them in this list.
Great work! Keep it up!:happy:

Regards.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Here's the modifications :
Mage
Lv 2
Jewel of the dusk

10 Archers

15 Spearmen
Standard
Musician

7 White Lions
Musician

5 Ellyrian Reavers
Swap bow
Musician

5 Shadow Warriors

5 Dragon Princes
Musician
Standard
Banner of Ellyrion

RBT

998 pts

Power dice : 5
Dispel Dice : 4

48 Models

I'm not sure about the shadow warriors... Plus I think the first list was good, but I'm not sure bahhh
I gotta go to work I'm gonna think about it :?

Thanks for your tips both of you guys :)

·
Benevolent Dictator
9,222 Posts
You have 2 units here that i consider 'iffy' in games like this. The Ellyrions, and the Shadow Warriors.
Ellyrions are very weak cavalry- especially since you dropped the spears. All they can do now is march block, and ride around and plink arrows at targets. 5 S3 arrows aren't much, so there's really no point in the bows.
I'd say, if you need marchblockers, get yourself an eagle. He's cheaper, and he'll do the job very well. Eagles are exceptionally flexible, able to kill lone mages, tie up warmachines, and of course marchblock and/or redirect.

As for the Shadow Warriors: they are a good unit, but skirmishers tend to get picked apart. In a small game like 1K, i'd be careful, especially since your list is already on the pricey side. You could keep them, because to be honest I don't know 100% how they'll fare, since I rarely use them at all myself.

My suggestion however would be to drop the Ellyrions for SilverHelms, or squeeze in another unit of DPs. The Silvers atleast tote lances, which will hit for some extra damage if you intend to have them as a flanking unit.
My only other fun trick at 1K is to field 21 LSGs. They are great in low points games, especially when you need flexibility. Meanest trick of all is tossing in a noble with the Reaver Bow, heavy armor, and a greatweapon. The unit becomes a thorn in the side of any foe and can hold a line quite well on its own.
Just my 2cents. Ofcoure, I don't know what you're facing, what your skills are like, what the enemy's skills are like, and how brutal this thing's gonna get. All I know is that ME is a great system, and the HE are a good army. You're going to have fun.8Y

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ahhhh I don't want to admit it, but I think I should consider putting an other unit of DPs like you suggested :rofl but DP are so expensive $$$wise :rofl

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Final (maybe:)) list :

Mage
Level 2
Jewel of the dusk

10 Archers
Musician (points I didn't know where to spend)

15 Spearmen
Standard
Musician

7 White Lions
Musician

5 Dragon Princes
Musician

5 Dragon Princes
Musician

RBT

Great Eagle

What I like about the Great Eagle is that if any mage character fears my RBT and quit the unit he is in, it now fears my eagle.

I'm just not sure about fear causing units, can this army cope with those kind?

·
Master of the Crab Women
1,007 Posts
Ahhhh I don't want to admit it, but I think I should consider putting an other unit of DPs like you suggested :rofl but DP are so expensive $$$wise :rofl
If you have a bretonnian player as a friend, you can always ask for the dragon crests from the knights sprue. Stick these on some silver helms and you're sorted.

Alternatively you could model your silver helms to be "veterans" as I am. :)

·
Registered
278 Posts
I am very impressed you have managed to squeeze in 2 units DP's, elite infantry, a level 2 mage, a RBT, 2 core units and a great eagle at under 1K. I think its probably going to be a nightmare to play against. I have seen 2K lists that have only marginally more combat troops than this list, it also seems very balanced across the three elements of the game magic, shooting and CC. IMHO a really good 1K list good luck and have fun!

·
Benevolent Dictator
9,222 Posts
Remember, there are lots more uses for that eagle than just character hunting. But yes, the list is going to be a monstrosity.
I would use those archers to cover one flank, so that if worst comes to worst, nothing flanks your spears. Your WL are definently the guys you want swinging in for that back-breaking flank hit.
The fear causing enemies will only manage to do one thing to you- instant breaks. You will be very outnumbered, so if you don't win the combat for some reason, you're going to take off. However, with the army you've got right now, you should be doing an unbeleivable amount of damage before they hit you, so there shouldn't be a question of who's going to win.

If you are worried about the Fear causers though, why not take something other than WLs? I would personally suggest taking the SMs. They get twice the number of attacks for just one less Strength. I mean, at S5 you're negating the saves of a light armor+shield combo. What's anyone going to have that you cant' punch through? Perhaps knights, but then you have the DPs and RBT for that.
WLs or SMs, it's up to you. Either way this list is going to bring great honor to High Elves everywhere.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well it's a big trade off. I like WL for their anti missiles features and they move into woods normally, but still your suggestion about the SM is very appealing. I'll think about it ;Y

Btw, thank you very much for all your advices guys it helped alot! :happy:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts