-plasma and haywaire grenades

Warp spiders 10x
-exarch with withdraw

Fire Dragons 5x

Falcon
-Brightlance, spiritstone, holofield

Falcon
-Brightlance, spiritstone, holofield

Both are 1000 points, and both use bieltan craftworld rules.

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
list one has the better potential in the long run more survivability and shots

·
Registered
17 Posts
Actually, I disagree, list 2 has more survivability simply because of the 'new' skimmer rules combined with the holo-field upgrade. A regular at my local GW told me Falcon Grav tanks have gained a huge advantage from new rules and vommited up some probability. Apparently your standard Falcon equipped with holo-field gives you a 4/5 chance of survival with each shot against you. It also had something to do with the vehicle damage chart with a switch around for the fourth edition.

Try it, sit there for a night with a dreadnought against a falcon, you will see what he means...

Anyway thats my opinion, the sheer fact list 1 has more models does increase the amount you have to kill, just it doesn't make your army able to survive any better. 400 grots against a land raider-see what I mean!

If you want to really find out which is best for you and your gaming style though, just test them both out on a range of scenarios and opponents.

·
Simple Green.
1,005 Posts
This should be in the army lists secton.

Off-hand, list two looks more durable, but I can spy easy problems can be fixed easily...If you want some help to make it better post in the army section and I'll help (I play Biel-Tan too) :yes:

·
Favored of Tzeentch
3,191 Posts
Putting a bright lance on a Falcon is a really bad move, just so you know. If you move more than 6" (which you always should) you can only fire one of the str 8 weapons. Besides, it is BS 3 and should have multi-shot weapons. Change to a star cannon.

List 1 looks like a bit more than 1000 pts though. :wacko:

·
LO Zealot
1,322 Posts
I like list 2, i prefer the mobility and i dislike the use of three warwalkers just for the starcannon shots.

Oh boo to the brightlance on falcon for exactly the same reasons as mentioned in addition to the falcon already having an anti-tank weapon, starcannon allows it to be effective at hunting heavy infantry in addition to tanks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.