Librarium Online Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I dunno which WD it came from but im gonna play then anyway since I play emperors children.

gonna paint em like in the article, Liche purple & Sunburst yellow

Force Commander: 154 points
Terminator Honours
Master Crafted Power Weapon
Bolt Pistol
Artificer Armor
Iron Halo
Frag & Krak Grenades

Dreadnought: 138 points
Heavy Flamer
Twin Las Cannon

Tactical Squad: 111 Points
Flamer
Vet Sergeant
Bolt Pistol
Power Weapon

Tactical Squad: 111 Points
Flamer
Vet Sergeant
Bolt Pistol
Power Weapon

Scout Squad: 85 Points
4x Sniper
Boltpistol & CC

Devastator Squad: 180 points
1x Lascannon
1x Missile Launcher
1x Plasma Cannon
1x Heavy Bolter
Boltpistol & CC

Terminator Squad: 220 points
4x Powerfist
1x Heavy Flamer
4x Storm Bolter
1x Power Weapon

Total: 999 points

Tell me what you think im always open for suggestion and I hope my color sheme will draw all attention on me in mass battles muhahaha

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Your idea is very good, I like it.

But in the devestator squad, why take all different heavy weapons?
Why not take eg. 2 lascannons and 2 heavybolters?
Sure the way you have put it up makes sure you'll be ready for just about anything.
But what if suddenly something which you didn't expect turns up?
Try looking into this and maybe specialize the force after what your opponent plays.

·
Registered
84 Posts
i am not sure but doesnt the space marine devastator boxed set come with all different weapons. could that bethe reason for the mixed heavy weapons?

·
Registered
969 Posts
Did you steal my idea about the pre-heresy army? Or am i just retarded?

·
Professional Lurker
2,085 Posts
ditch the commanders krak grenades and give the vets frags

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
giving the vets frag is a good idea Ill do that.

and no tzeenchplayer i didnt even know you did one, i just found an article and found it would be a good idea to do especialy since the pink colorsheme draws all firepower to me in multi games :D

and about the devastators, 2 reasons, they come like that in a box and they are ready for anything.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I agree with the people above, keep heavy weapons to one roll (either troop killing or tank busting). My favorite Dev. squad is 4 plasma cannons it's the equivelent of a weed-wacker on NOS. but on the practical side (assuming your buying all the stuff) you can use the missle launchers from you tactile squads to form a effective mulity purpouse squad and you don't have to buy the devestaro box. Just buy another tactile squad instead.

Other than that i don't really like flamers. Because the flame template is 8 inches long. Wich means when you fire it your either in assualt range and then you lose your charing bonus or you going to be an inch short and get swamped next turn by a lot of angry beasties.

On the same line of thought how many guys do you have in each tactile squad? I'm guessing that there is only five in each. In wich case i don't think they'll do very well in the up front in your face unit you want they to be. The fact is that five man squads get riped apart in close combat. I think that if you can some how find a way to make at least one squad 8 or 9 guys and leave the other as a body guard for the force comander you will do much better.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
the missile launcher is a great idea, Ill work on that I found some old devestators too in a bits n pieces box so i might totaly throw my devs around, about the 5 man squads, theyr more versatile as 5 man squads and the benefit of an extra champion is also nice, doesnt mean they both have to charge a different target or move in a different direction does it?

the remark on the flamer is a good one ill replace it with a assault cannon

now I gotta figure out how to flip it all around somehow :p

(Old devestators = lascannon plasma cannon 2 heavy bolters and 2 missile launchers so i can go any way I want now :p)

·
Registered
92 Posts
sorry i didn't mean the heavy flamer in the terminator squad. I ment in the tactile squads.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Originally posted by BrotherFelicitas@Nov 26 2003, 12:36
sorry i didn't mean the heavy flamer in the terminator squad. I ment in the tactile squads.
OOh, a Slaaneshi freudian slip!!"

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
doesnt matter theyr the same models :p i dont like heavy weapons in "testicle" squads since I always wanna move but ill replace those with plasma guns or something :p

·
Registered
145 Posts
A nice list. Good idea about the pre heresy too. Id find some points to bulk up the tactical squads a bit - the army needs a little more mass to help it and a space marine can equal other amys elites.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.