Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,
this is my first try at a pure Slaanesh list and is merely for play around the local GW and gaming clubs. I apologise if it seems cheesy or the like:

HQ-160pts

Keeper of Secrets w/Wind of Chaos 160pts

Troops-540pts

12 Daemonettes 180pts

12 Daemonettes 180pts

12 Daemonettes 180pts

Fast Attack-256pts

5 Chaos Space Marine Bikers with Mark of Slaanesh+Aspiring Champion with Mark of Slaanesh, Daemonic Chains, Bolt pistol and close combat weapon 256pts

What do you all think?

·
389 Posts
In order to really do the daemon bomb thing you should cut the daemonette squads in half. Your "army" cannot survive more than the first couple of rounds on the table unless daemons start showing up. By having twice as many squads you are more or less guaranteed to get at least two squads on round two.

Arizzar

PS. be prepared for some opponents to refuse to play against an army such as this. It is fun the first time, but then it gets old.

·
Chilli Fueled Heretic
5,839 Posts
HQ-160pts

Keeper of Secrets w/Wind of Chaos 160pts
Nice choice with wind of chaos.

12 Daemonettes 180pts

12 Daemonettes 180pts

12 Daemonettes 180pts
You should swap one of these for a marines squad. You dont have enough units on the board to start with.

5 Chaos Space Marine Bikers with Mark of Slaanesh+Aspiring Champion with Mark of Slaanesh, Daemonic Chains, Bolt pistol and close combat weapon 256pts
bolt pistol and ccw are free for the asp.

This army relise on getting 1st turn. I know that i would pound that bike squad into the floor before i saw it come close to me. trade out a squad of daemonettes and replace with a squad of marines, it will be less risky then.
'DJ87

·
The other Kind of Fluff
8,843 Posts
daemonettes: As already mentioned, cutting these back will allow you more units; plus your bikes could use either more numbers or more upgrades. Since these girls are both your primary troop killer and vehicle killer in one, you need to be sure that they can do both. Twelve is overkill, while 6 is not sufficient to deal with certain kinds of troops. Most people consider 8 daemonettes to be a good number, when they fill dual roles. However, considering that you are specializing in daemonettes, you may want to have squads of both 6 and 8 (6 for vehicle management & 8 for troop management).

Bikes: In a 1000 point game 5 bikes simply are not enough. Even a poorly built ranged army will kill all of your bikes the first turn (even if you turbo-boost). This may not be a problem, seeing as how your greater daemon will appear the moment your a.c. is killed. Still, this puts the control in your opponent's hands. You really need 8 (yes, that's 8 ) to ensure that you make it into c.c. Seven bikes might work, but that's stretching it. Also, you need a melta gun in this unit for tank popping. For 10 points it will really be worth it and will give you another means for taking out vehicles other than the girls. Remember, you cannot always count on c.c. abilties for tank popping (hover vehicles especially are a problem).

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Its 6 bikes including the aspiring champion, so they're a favoured unit, the numbers on the Daemonettes are so I can avoid a total lack of theme in the list, I was considering cutting a unit or two of them in half though. I'm not quite sure about how effective the marines would be, also the tables where I play are generally terrain heavy giving the bikers a good bit of cover to hide behind until the daemons are summoned.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts