Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just couldn't resist doing this. My great grandfather just passed away on the 20th and he was a scotish musician (explains the pipes) so this idea just came to me. The horns are probably gonna take a lot of converson but you tell me.

HQ
Band Leader (warboss): power klaw, slugga, eavy armour, bosspole, iron gob=113pts

Troops
Drummers (slugga boyz): slugga boy nob w/ choppa, slugga, bosspole, iron gob; 12 slugga boyz w/ slugga&choppa; 3 slugga boyz w/ big shootas=191pts
Bagpipers (slugga boyz): 1 slugga boy w/ rokkit launcha; 2 slugga boyz w/ big shootas; 13 slugga boyz w/ slugga&choppa=165pts
Horns (shoota boyz): 3 shoota boyz w/ rokkit launchas; 13 shoota boyz w/ shootas=143pts

Fast Attack
Travelling Section (trukk boyz): slugga boy nob w/ choppa&slugga, bosspole, 'eavy armour; 1 trukk boy w/ burna; 8 trukk boyz w/ choppa&slugga; trukk w/ big shoota, grot riggers=158pts
Speakers-on-Wheels (wartracks): 3 wartracks w/ twin-linked rokkit launchas, grot riggers=126pts

Heavy Support
Big Horn Thing-a-ma-jig (dreadnaught): dread CCW, big shoota, twin-linked big shoota, amour plates, stikkbomb chucka=104pts

Total=1000pts

Ok, now that the army list is out there, here's all the conversions: first, the band leader will be holding his bosspole like a baton and the iron gob is reflected by his command as band leader. Second, all of the big weapons (rokkit launchas, burnas, big shootas) in the squads will be reflected by bigger intruments (except for the pipers), the horns will have tubas, the drums will have huge drums that get beat n from either side, the travelling section will have i-don't-know-what-and-all-suggestions-would-be-greatly-appreciated. The basic instruments for the drums will be snares and i will probably convert WHFB orc musicians for some of these. The basiv horns instument will be the trumpet and i plan t do lot of green stuff sculptng on the bagpipes. The grot riggers on the trukk are band fans and they will have "i *heart* the band" t-shirts on. The wartraks will have giant speakers on them and their grts are mechanical crews for the speakers. The dreadnaught will be an incarnation of a Dr. Suess instrument will all these horns twisting round and round and an ork popping out of the top playing into it. The stikkbomb chuckas on the dread represent its power to blast enemies away with sheer noise. Oh and the drummer nob has an iron gob because the drum master is second-in-command.

Now, what do you think? This will be a homage to my great grandfather. Its not designed to be a very effective army in battle but more of a showcase. I hope you like it. :)

--smguy

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
I like it. Post some pictures when you get around to converting them.

·
LO's Shadow Captain
12,783 Posts
smguy said:
Band Leader (warboss): power klaw, slugga, eavy armour, bosspole, iron gob=113pts
I like the idea for using the bosspole as a baton - you should put it in the powerklawed hand, and make it big and.. baton-like. ;)

smguy said:
Drummers (slugga boyz): slugga boy nob w/ choppa, slugga, bosspole, iron gob; 12 slugga boyz w/ slugga&choppa; 3 slugga boyz w/ big shootas=191pts
You could model their drums so that the sluggas are actually part of the drums, so every time they bang on the drum with their choppa-drumstick (could make one side the choppa blade, the other a drumstick) it would fire the slugga. Make the three big shootas big base drums with the shootas built in.

smguy said:
Bagpipers (slugga boyz): 1 slugga boy w/ rokkit launcha; 2 slugga boyz w/ big shootas; 13 slugga boyz w/ slugga&choppa=165pts
Like above, build the sluggas somewhere into the pipes and have their choppas hanging on their belts or something similar. So everytime they blow the pipes, they shoot their sluggas. Could have a different set of pipes for the rokkit launcha, etc. etc.

smguy said:
Horns (shoota boyz): 3 shoota boyz w/ rokkit launchas; 13 shoota boyz w/ shootas=143pts
This one would be tricky, but you could make the rokkit launchas built in with the bigger horns, or tubas, or something like that while the rest are just built into the trumpets/french horns, etc.

smguy said:
Big Horn Thing-a-ma-jig (dreadnaught): dread CCW, big shoota, twin-linked big shoota, amour plates, stikkbomb chucka=104pts
Ahh. That should be your tuba! Have the Dread look normal and stuff but carrying a huge tuba with the shootas and stuff built in.

The reason I suggest all the built in stuff is quite simply, really - so you can still use WYSIWYG and can play this list in tourneys. People won't know what hit 'em. :shifty:

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
To Lost Nemesis: I was thinking of starpping all the weapons to the respective Ork's back cause i wanted it to be more realistic (as if Orks would ever bother with bagpipes ;) ). I sorta like your idea though, having the weapons ome out of the instruments. It'll take sme conversion but not much. I think the slugga/drum thing will be hard. Converting sluggas into drumsticks and all. Maybe those buys will have their sluggas coming out of the drums too.

To Grey: I will definitely post pre-paint and post-paint pictures.

--smguy

1 - 4 of 4 Posts