Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
LO Zealot
1,449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I need you to tear my latest working 1k point list down, as I want to know its every weakness before I attend to a tournament with it. Please? Be harsh.

HQ (152):

Archon
+ Punisher
+ Tormentor Helm
+ Shadow Field
+ Combat Drugs
+ Animus Vitae
+ Plasma Grenades

---------------

Troops (844):

10 Warriors
+ 2x Dark Lances

8 Warriors (Archon joins this squad)
+ Splinter Cannon
+ Blaster
1 Sybarite
+ Punisher
+ Tormentor Helm
+ Plasma Grenades
Raider
+ Horrorfex

9 Warriors
+ Splinter Cannon
+ Blaster
1 Sybarite
+ Punisher
+ Tormentor Helm
+ Plasma Grenades
Raider
+ Horrorfex

9 Warriors
+ Splinter Cannon
+ Blaster
1 Sybarite
+ Punisher
+ Tormentor Helm
+ Plasma Grenades
Raider
+ Horrorfex

9 Warriors
+ Splinter Cannon
+ Blaster
1 Sybarite
+ Punisher
+ Tormentor Helm
+ Plasma Grenades
Raider
+ Horrorfex

---------------

Total: 996

Weapons Breakdown:

Punishers:________5
Dark Lances:______6
Splinter Canons:__4
Blasters:_________4
Horrorfexes:______4
Splinter Rifles:___35

Model Count:
Infantry:________50
Vehicles:_________4

·
Registered
137 Posts
Why horrorfexes, last I checked a weapon needed atleast strength 5 to be counted as an armament in terms of whether or not a vehicle is immobilised. Other than that nice list, perhaps give the archon Haywire grenades for anti tank, and to fill the last 4 points.

·
LO Zealot
1,449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey dude, thanks for the feedback :)

According to the FAQ, the horrorfexes does count as secondary weapons. And why the haywires? The lord is capable of dishing out 6 re-rollable S6 attacks... That ought to be enough, Im not desperate to fill out those 4 points when I cant get anything useful for the.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Ah, the S6 may take down transports and light tanks, however, what about if your raiders get shot down and someone is smart enough to target the DL squad next, assuming you verse deathwing, you'll take a fair beating against the raiders with even his basic shooting capable of a glance, if you take haywires you should be able to take out any land raiders.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
While I like the punisher on the Archon, and I recognize that on the Sybarites it'll be more effective against T3 than an agonizer, I think you might want to give at least a few squads an agonizer to fight tougher units and because the agonizer, splinter pistol combo is cheaper than the punisher/helm combo. Just a thought.

That, and unless you have a fluff reason for not taking them it seems almost criminal to leave your witches at home. Just one squad would be enough, and blisteringly effective. Admittedly they are a bit more expensive and you miss out on the heavy weapon, but....

·
Archite of Caerbannog
1,582 Posts
Not knowing your style of play (and knowing mine) - I would say we are a little weak on the cc area.

Would you consider dropping the raider squad that the archon goes on and replacing it with 5 incubi and a raider? You might have to drop the plasma grenades on the archon but consider that the archon as the "always goes first" drug if you need it plus look at all the punishers you're going to get! Thats 4 more punishers to your list for 2 points more.

Besides, if you need points you can always drop a punisher on a sybarite for an aggy to save points and give back the plasma grenades if you like...Wow, heres an idea. Switch out the Sybarites punishers for agonizers and that would leave you with 6 punishers (1 more than you got) and 3 agonizers on top of that - you'll have extra points for haywires for everyone to boot!

Other than that I am interested in seeing how your list performs.

·
The Dvl in Pale Moonlight
889 Posts
the setup is good imo. I agree upon the setup of sybarites, the agonsier will prove much better overall. you might get toe-to-toe with a wraithlord or another monster then its no real biggie sacrifcing a sybarite really and oddly enough it does stand a decent chance to kick its arse, especially as he will probably have eaten a Lance shot or two.

so overall, a cool army but the sybarites will do better with agonisers + pistols.

cheers dancey.

Reactions: Sareld

·
Karrot Dialysis
1,321 Posts
I like this list, but as previous people have said at least one agoniser would benefit you, I would keep the punisher on the lord though and stick the agoniser on a sybarite, maybe give haywire grenades to a different sybarite rather than the lord. Personally I'd probably do two and two agonisers and punishers in this list. Nice style. Kudos.

As far as dwonsides are concerned ytou will have difficulty as always on low terraind boards, your blasters give you an extra bit of tank hunting power if neccessary, but you need to be careful with them I would think carefully about when to disembark (and thus present two targets instead of 1) als o remember how incredibly fragile you units are.

·
LO Zealot
1,449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Points taken. How about this?

HQ (152):

Archon
+ Punisher
+ Tormentor Helm
+ Shadow Field
+ Combat Drugs
+ Animus Vitae
+ Plasma Grenades

---------------

Troops (551):

8 Warriors (Archon joins this squad)
+ Splinter Cannon
+ Blaster
1 Sybarite
+ Punisher
+ Tormentor Helm
+ Plasma Grenades
Raider
+ Horrorfex

9 Warriors
+ Splinter Cannon
+ Blaster
1 Sybarite
+ Punisher
+ Tormentor Helm
+ Plasma Grenades
Raider
+ Horrorfex

9 Warriors
+ Splinter Cannon
+ Blaster
1 Sybarite
+ Agoniser
+ Splinter Pistol
+ Plasma Grenades
Raider
+ Horrorfex

---------------

Fast Attack (156):

3 Reaver Jetbikes
+ 2x Blasters
1 Succubus
+ Tormentor Helm
+ Power Weapon

---------------

Heavy Support (140):

Ravager
+ 3x Disentegrators
+ Night Shield

Total: 999

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.