---Battle Cannon
---Hull Mounted Heavy Bolter
---Heavy Bolter Sponsons
---Extra Armor
---Smoke Launchers
---Pintle Mounted Heavy Stubber
Total:175

Army Total:1000

I took Cyber-Enhacnements for 2 reasons.

A] Due to my low number, I expoect to be shot at with a fair amount of heavy weapons, and a 6+ save is still better than none.

B] I like it and wanted to use it, plus it reinforces the Fluff and the list showing that these re long time fightser, with all having lost a limb or 2 along the way.

Keep it nice and try not to tell me what to take to make my list better, I like it this way and chances are it'll stay this way. I'm looking for for generl comments, like how you think my Sentinals will work out, or good deployment ideas and such.

Not to say you can't give suggestions on how to make it better, but chances are I won't act on it.

Mike

·
646 Posts
Hey Mike - I'll try this again :D

I do like this army by the way, I field Grenadiers myself and it is very rewarding to be able to get your troops around the battlefield quickly, also - you seem to have a good number of tanks in here, which will present the enemy with mixed targets - however, mid-strength weapons will be your worst enemy as you have a lot of <AV12 they can get at, and they are generaly multi-shot.

The Chimeras with smoke and EA should be extremley resiliant against this kind of attack though. They can move 12", blow smoke and only a damage result of 5+ will stop them, and even then the enemy will need a 6 to stand a chance of hurting those inside!

I think your Sentinels will work excelently as a flanking unit, picking off light tanks and annoying the enemy by getting into undeirable side arcs, or you could set them up near the russ and hope that he draws enough firepower to keep them safe, but personaly I prefer to use their mobility. Another option would be to send them with the Chimeras to give some fire support to the Grenadiers.

As a small note, I notice you have 2x Sentinels in one squad. As long as you have free fast attack slots I would strongly recomend always separating these, it will greatley increase their survivability and allow them to work independantly to each other if they ever need to. Having them squaded makes them vulnerable to multi-shot weapons, presents them as an easier phycological target and means that if one is stunned or imobilised, the other must stay with it :(.

Also, Nemesis bought up a good point in the other post, unfortunatley - Storm Troopers cannot take Cyber-Enhancments. This upgrade is available only to guard infantry as specified on P55, and Rough Riders - so your command squad can still take it. Unfortunatley there isn't really another way to add to the survivability of Storm Troopers, as they don't have access to Cameleoline either - but putting them in a Chimera may be enough.

Personaly, the best choice to me would be to use the points dropped from CE to get yourself a 3rd Sentinel, but apologies if this is getting into composition a bit too much.

Hope this helps

1 - 2 of 2 Posts