Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well, I'm new to WFB, and after looking through all the armies, and weighing pros and cons, I decided I wanted to go with Lizardmen as my army. Since I'm BRAND new to wargaming in general, I figured I'd start with a 1000 point list, and once I got that done, I'd expand to 1500. I still want to be semi-competitive while having fun. My goal is to get an EotG in my 1k list. I know it's a big chunk of points, but I think it's just too cool not to have. Anyway, here's my list(s).

Heroes:
Saurus Scar-Veteran, with piranha blade, light armour, enchanted shield, cold one mount - 160
Skink Priest, level 2, EotG, War Drums of Xahutec, Plaque of Tepok - 435

Core:
16x Saurus Warriors, with Spears, Champion, and Banner (Huanchi's Blessed Totem) - 241
10x Skink Skirmishers - 70

Special:
3x Terradon Riders - 90

Total: 996 points

My plan is to join the Scar-Veteran with the Warriors, use the skinks as a shield, and go offensive with the Stegadon. The Terradons are there for harrassment or for artillery destruction. The Huanchi's Blessed Totem is a point sink, I had some leftover points, and it was either that or go to a unit of 14 skirmishers.

EDIT: As another question, am I better off swapping the items on the engine for a dispel scroll or two? I'm not sure how the metagame is at the local shop, and how much magic I'm likely to face.

Thanks for any and all criticism. I'm brand new, so please explain why you would make changes, or why something won't work the way I think it should.

·
4,361 Posts
Heroes:
Saurus Scar-Veteran, with piranha blade, light armour, enchanted shield, cold one mount
In a small game I don't think the piranha blade is really useful. Not enough multiple wound models. I would add in the venom of the firefly frog and a spear or the sword of battle.

Skink Priest, level 2, EotG, War Drums of Xahutec, Plaque of Tepok
Very nice, but very expensive.

Core:
16x Saurus Warriors, with Spears, Champion, and Banner (Huanchi's Blessed Totem)
I would drop the magic banner, as well, they aren't allowed to have one. I assume the scar-vet goes here.

10x Skink Skirmishers

Special:
3x Terradon Riders

EDIT: As another question, am I better off swapping the items on the engine for a dispel scroll or two? I'm not sure how the metagame is at the local shop, and how much magic I'm likely to face.
I would stick with the four dispel dice for now. Change if you find you need it.
Going to have a few extra points. I think if you drop the skinks to a ranked unit, you could get enough points for another unit of ranked skinks.

Good luck,
SirKently

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Going to have a few extra points. I think if you drop the skinks to a ranked unit, you could get enough points for another unit of ranked skinks.

Good luck,
SirKently
Thanks for the advice.

I think I'll go with your suggestion for the scar-vet, and if I do run into a problem with higher-wound units, I can always switch back.

Yeah, the scar-vet is meant to go with the warriors in most cases. I don't know how I missed that they couldn't get a magical banner, no idea what I was looking at.

As for switching the skirmishers into two units of ranked skinks, I haven't heard many good things about the ranked skinks. Is there something I'm overlooking with them? I'd almost rather have the extra skirmishers than the ranked skinks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.