Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Alright gubbins! this be moi first orky list, new codex n all. hope it sounds good but if thers any criticisms or changes tt should e made pleeeease say! thanks :D

HQ
Warboss
Warbike
Powerklaw
total 125

Retinue 4 Nob Bikers including 1 Painboy 3 Powerklaws and a Waaagh!banner
total -300

7 Lootas - 105

30 Ork Boyz with Powerklaw Nob and Weirdboy with Warphead: 300

2 x Skorchas -80

4 Big gunz :1 zzzap and 3 kannons -90

Total : 1000

bikes charge up on the flank n kill everything and bein hard as heck to kill :D due to painboy and neumerous 4+saves, weirdboy does what he likes with his squad ,skorchas kill anything hiding in cover and kannons along with the lootas to kill anything such as dreads or lighter armoured vehicles, or generally just to kill! and zzzap for long range fire, preferably in groups of a 2 and a 2. so what dya think?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Congratulations. That's really kinda weird list. Like the idea of nob bikers as a retinue, though they're sort of expensive. Are those boys sluggas or shootas?

You can't use those big guns in pairs since all the guns in a battery need to be the same weapon. But since you don't have any other heavy support options you could just go with 2 kannons, kannon and zapp gun.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
they are sluggas, need the threat of cc, cus if i have the weirdboy do the teleport power, then 30 sluggas could end up on the other side of th board, that aint a pretty sight.... and then we have he uber bikers right near em, then kannons firing everywhere and potentialy 21 autocannon shots from lootas and finally the skorchas flaming anythin near them! mwahahaha and bikers, need a fair number of them or they wud be ineffective then. any advice then on the list?>

·
Registered
69 Posts
Well only thing that comes to mind, sit that, you don't have too big numbers for 1000 points. Adding more boys might help.

I understand that's a weird list and it would lose a bit of it character if you change it too much though, and I think I'd like to try such a list some time aswell.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
oooo i had a brain wave! which list is better do you think out of the two then? the one above? or this one... :

HQ
Warboss
Mega Armour
Cybork Body
Total - 110

Retinue 5 Mega Armoured Nobs with a red painted Wartrukk - 240

30 Boyz with Powerklaw Nob and Warpheaded Weirdboy - 300
30 Boyz with Powerklaw Nob - 215

9 Tankbustas - 135

Total -1000

both boyz will be cc squads and will reek havoc upon anything, the tankbustas will do their jobs and the warboss will look al scary with his retinue as they will travel 24 first turn hopefully and just incase have their 13 inch movement and get out n charge! due to red paint :D love he stuff... but yeah weirdboy going across th board and killing, basically you can easily get the picture with the list. if anything tries to get into cc with them, the enemy would die, i would target the pesky flamers with the tankbustas and so yeah its simple really, all can tear vehicls apart due to the powerklaw nob :D so what are your thoughts on the list?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Mega armors are quite unrealiable because they don't get inva save, have SOP and strike with I 1. I've run couple of mega nobs my last 2 games for a test and against eldar they were awesome, but against black templars they got beaten by a single chaplain. I would change those 30 boys who are without warphead to have shootas since they'd probably do more damage throughout the game then.

In the upper list you could've changed those scorcha buggies and zapp cannon for a trukkboys mob.

I'd probably take the second list if I tried to play competitive, but the first list is so orky and weird that I still like it better. I'll actually want to try such kind of list some time aswell.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ahh rite well i will go for he second list then :D what should I do with it then? how can i modify then is it? mega nobs? or so on... i get your point about the shootas on the boyz without warphead and anything else to change maybe? i just really make an amazing Waaagh! and show how good orks really are cus at my local shop there are hardly any ork players and all are nooby eldar or so and so i would love to show them the strength of the orks :D so overall so far for list 2, things to change are mega nobs, anything else? what do i replace them with you suggest? thank you for the help so far guys :D

·
Registered
69 Posts
Well take out tankbustas. Since they don't have a transport and have quite a bad range you can't really use them at their full effect there. Replace them with those 3 kannons, then replace your HQ and mega nobs with that bikerboss and his retinue you suggested in the first list. Would make you 1000 point force exactly and you'd have some crazy orkyness in there with that maniac speedy boss and still quite nice numbers with 60 boys. The kannons would deal with vehicles in the earlier game. The warphead is a bit crazy and might fail, but then again, since you have 2 changes of getting either waaagh or teleport he just might be great. You could consider replacing him with same costing big mek with kustom force field and you could protect some of your lads. Though in that scenario you'd be better off with all shoota boys in my oppinion.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.