Farseer w/ fortune + doom =130

9x Dire avenger w/ exarch(dual wield) + bladestorm
Mounted in a wave serpent (holo +spirit stones) = 282

9x Dire avenger w/ exarch(dual wield) + bladestorm
Mounted in a wave serpent(holo + spirit stones) = 282

3x war walkers w/ scatter lasers (twin) = 180
5x pathfinders =120

overall = 994 (ish) ...(I think)
Can someone help me out on the weapons for the wave serpents and any advice would be very appreciated as I'm pretty nooby when it comes to eldar as I haven't played in 3 years and only just started again (I used to play space marines ... Don't ask)

·
Registered
7 Posts
wave serpents cant have holo-field but over all i like you list its very nice but war walkers is one of the best think we have in the eldar codex and your nomaly use them with EML (eldar missil launcher) so they can hide alle the way back and youst blow up transports and then you can slowly move you wave serpents up and kill all the units how lost they transports :) ps. keep on playing with pathfinders they a so funny with 2+ cover save :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh yeah! Thanks for pointing that out and thanks for looking at my list :)
I only put the scatter lasers on the war walkers because I was going more for anti-infantry but with the extra points from not using holo-fields on the wave serpents maybe I can put a few missile launchers on them

Gotta love pathfinders, 2+, almost invincible aha

·
Registered
7 Posts
yeah but dont let flamers come to close or they gonna die very fast and go wift pathfinders in small grupes
i nomaly go wift 5 in each grupe
but off curse it depent on how you play and rember they new rule book they nerf close combat so thats make pathfinders even better in eldar codex

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hopefully the flamers would get killed before they get into ranged and pathfinders are great, I'm tempted to have more than one squad so I can throw a lot of fire at the squads approaching my avengers and take out a few so I can bladestorm the rest. Take out the whole squad in one turn aha

·
Registered
1 Posts
Assuming dual-wield means diresword/pistol. Diresword is really meh, considering the leadership on multi-wound models. You'd be better off with the assault 4 or the shimmershield to make a tar pit unit. Also, you didn't list any main gun on the serpents. Those points matter.

Doom is iffy nowadays. Enemy unit rolls a 6 (or less, if they have psykers, don't forget that a 'seer is Psychic Mastery 1) cancels it. And to use both, that's another 20 for spiritstones.

None of the current vehicle upgrades are worth taking, imo. They only matter for pens, and with only 3 hull pts, people can just s6 you to death easy enough.

Warwalkers with scatter lasers are great. It comes down to if the other guy wants to use a unit to shoot at the 60-point firebase when there's more important stuff to shoot at.

The main weakness I see in this list is a serious lack of melee. Granted, the avengers can put out a hell of a firebase with overwatch, but if you get in melee range of nids or orcs or something, that's a lot of death coming into you.

·
Registered
127 Posts
The main weakness I see in this list is a serious lack of melee. Granted, the avengers can put out a hell of a firebase with overwatch, but if you get in melee range of nids or orcs or something, that's a lot of death coming into you.
This is a red herring. Ignore melee altogether. Even really good close combat units are now struggling with overwatch, particularly if you're toughness 3.

For 1,000 points I'd play this:

Farseer
+ Primaris Power (choose a 20 point power to replace)
+RoWarding

5x Pathfinders

5x Pathfinders

5x Fire Dragons
+ Serpent
+ T-L Cannons
+ Stones

Fast Attack
3x Vypers
+ 2x Shuriken Cannons

Heavy Support

3x War Walker
+ 2x Shuriken Cannons

3x War Walker
+ 2x Scatter Laser

This way you can charge with walkers if you need to. Glance the rear of vehicles to death with your dragons and vypers and your troops are cheap objectives holder that can cause AP1/2 hits. I think this is the most solid 1,000 point list. It deals so many strength 6 shots that even terminators are going to fail some saves.... probably....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts