Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
its been a long time since i played 40k, and im hoping to return with a strong Eldar force that i can build up on. Im starting out on 1000 points and getting bigger as i get more models, but im unsure with the list ive created and i wana see what you guys think.

HQ:Farseer - 123
Doom, Mind war
Spirit stones, S.spear

Elite:10x Howling banshees - 322
Exarch, mirror swords, war shout
Wave serpent, Bright lance

Troops:10x Dire Avengers - 152
Exarch, twin cats, Bladestorm

10x Dire Avengers - 152
Exarch, twin cats, Bladestorm

5x Pathfinders - 120

Heavy support:
Wraithlord - 130
Brightlance

Total: 999

im thinking of replacing the pathfinders with jetbikes. The Wraithlord acts mainly as a bullet magnet and tankhunter, with my Avengers and Banshees i mainly foccus on getting the most dice possible in my hands, and with Doom supporting my roles, its gonna be ALOT of firepower. Mind war can be very helpfull in my experience, its great for picking out special weapons in a unit.

P.S: I hear alot of people around the forums mentioning 'Mech Eldar' and im wondering what does it mean?

·
1,059 Posts
Mech eldar is mechanized eldar. So everything in transports it is a very strong build ( our best in my opinion ). Looking at your list I think it is an ok start. A suggestion I would have is drop one of the troop choices for another wave serpent and put some Dire avengers in it. Move 12" get out and bladestorm a doomed target 18" away next round jump back in the serpent it also gives you a very mobile scoring unit for objective games. A more generic ( but still good start ) is a farseer 2 dire avenger units in wave serpents and some fire prisms. a very solid core for a mech eldar force and fits nicely into 1000 points.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wow, i never thought of using bladestorm with a wave serpent that way, nice tactic. i am hoping on getting some fire prisms when i enlarge my army but im seriosly considering putting them in at 1000 points now. and thx for clearing up the meaning of mech eldar :p

1 - 3 of 3 Posts