Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im new to Dark Eldar but im pretty keen on using them and i'm sure my friends will be pulverized once I learn to use them. After quite a bit of changing I've come up with this list:

HQ
Dracon (Reaver Jetbike, Agonizer, Shadow field, T/helm)

TROOPS
Dark Eldar Warriors -
9 Splinter Rifles
2 Blasters
2 Splinter Cannons
Sybarite (Agonizer, T/helm)

Dark Eldar Warriors -
7 Splinter Rifles
1 Blaster
1 Splinter Cannon
Raider w/ lance

FAST ATTACK
Reavers -
2 Splinter Rifles
2 Blasters
Sybarite (Power weapon, T/helm)

Reavers -
2 Splinter Rifles
2 Blasters

HEAVY SUPPORT
Ravager -
3 x dissies
Night shield

I expect to face Dark angels (with a land speeder, 1 predator, 3 bikes), Ultramarines (lots of assault marines + tac rhino squad), tau and Tyranids.

My warrior footslogging squad is there to draw attention and also follow up on any assaults made by the raider squad which are going to assault troop squads. The reavers are there for anti-tank and anti-bike purposes but the power weapons let them stand up to troops or small numbers of elites in combat. The ravager is for anti-troop only as i expect A LOT of troops to be on the field.

Any help would be appreciated but im going on leave until next week so i may reply late.

·
Karrot Dialysis
1,321 Posts
First of all let me say congratulations on your choice. Secondly I'm not being mean when I critique things, honest and feel free to ignore me if ya like.

HQ
Dracon (Reaver Jetbike, Agonizer, Shadow field, T/helm)
Bikes on lords are a bad idea they slow you down, trust me on this. You'd be better off on the raider with warriors as you can move alot faster that way. If yo uinsist on sticking with the bike agonisers are simply a way to gimp yourself as you are missing out on the extremely potent +1 strength given by the boke, allowng you to take a power weapon, you also need drugs whether on foot or on thebike to maximise the effetiveness of this character. This is all ESPECIALLY true against Tau and marines, which you quote as your main opponents (I'll explain the reasons behind any points further if you need me to, just ask.)

TROOPS
Dark Eldar Warriors -
9 Splinter Rifles
2 Blasters
2 Splinter Cannons
You've added up your points wrong here. If this is a fifteen man squad its 181 points, including all your upgrades. You don't need the T. helm it does precisely nothing as your sybarite can take a pistol for free. Otherwise, solid.

Dark Eldar Warriors -
7 Splinter Rifles
1 Blaster
1 Splinter Cannon
Raider w/ lance
Its an assault boat, have fun with it :). You've added up your poitns wrong again, its 181 with th T. Helm, drop that by the way, otherwise this is fine, you might want to leave a sapce for your lord though if you decide to drop the bike.

FAST ATTACK
Reavers -
2 Splinter Rifles
2 Blasters

Reavers -
2 Splinter Rifles
2 Blasters
These units are ok, but you will really need to practice with them 10 bikes in a list this small is one hell of alot, I would suggest dropping one of these squads and getting more warriors, but, by the same token, this can work. Nothing wrong witht he set up.

HEAVY SUPPORT
Ravager -
3 x dissies
Night shield
Marine killer. Yay. Drop the nightshield in 1000 pts, you need mroe troops.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry about the points adding...I had it right somewhere...I think...

Thanks for pointing out the how pointless an agonizer on a bike is...Ill use a power weapon which saves me several points. However I think I will leave my Dracon on a bike as he makes my gaming group be wary of him but I may consider changing this in the future, maybe in a larger list include another dracon on raider with incubi?

I agree on dropping one of the reaver jetbike squads but I really needed to get some anti-tank in there and I don't like to be 'cheese' and include two ravagers in a small list like this, but I love the standard DE warrior and I aim to get 4-5 squads in a 1.5k list.

Thanks for pointing out things that I overlooked like free pistols etc. and I will drop the night shield although I may need to bring it up again as I expect to face at least 2 lascannons from marines and a railgun from tau.

Updated list:

HQ
Dracon (Reaver Jetbike, Power weapon, Shadow field, T/helm, Combat Drugs)

TROOPS
Dark Eldar Warriors -
13 Splinter Rifles
2 Blasters
2 Splinter Cannons
Sybarite (Agonizer)

Dark Eldar Warriors -
7 Splinter Rifles
1 Blaster
1 Splinter Cannon
Sybarite (Agonizer)
Raider w/ lance

FAST ATTACK
Reavers -
2 Splinter Rifles
2 Blasters

Reavers -
2 Splinter Rifles
2 Blasters

HEAVY SUPPORT
Ravager -
3 x dissies

993pts total

What do do with these all important spare points????

Thanks a lot Karantalsis, I really needed some1 to take a proper look at my list :p

·
Karrot Dialysis
1,321 Posts
HQ
Dracon (Reaver Jetbike, Power weapon, Shadow field, T/helm, Combat Drugs)
This is only 140 points by my reckoning (though I am working from memory), I won't say what poitns are for what cause I'll get shot for that but:

35*2 +25*2 + 15 + 5 = 140

TROOPS
Dark Eldar Warriors -
13 Splinter Rifles
2 Blasters
2 Splinter Cannons
Sybarite (Agonizer)
Please put the number of warriors at the start... This is 18 warriors right? I'd suggest splitting this into 2 squads of 10 @ 272 points with blasters/cannons/sybarite+ago in each. I'll point out where to shave the points as we go through. (you already have 10)

Dark Eldar Warriors -
7 Splinter Rifles
1 Blaster
1 Splinter Cannon
Sybarite (Agonizer)
Raider w/ lance
This costs 176 points, I promise you. (now you've got 15 spare points)

FAST ATTACK
Reavers -
2 Splinter Rifles
2 Blasters

Reavers -
2 Splinter Rifles
2 Blasters
If you want these to do your tank hunting drop the sybarites and power weapons, also drop them to 3 man squads. That will save you 78 points per squad and you'll lose no tank hunting utility whilst making them less of a target. If you want to take these as they are as troop hunters with a side in tanks then I suggest you drop one entire squad (which willl cost 173 points with the loadout you describe). Either way you now have enough points left to split your warrior squad into two squads and then some to spare, in fact you should have enough to make them into 15 man squads, or raider squads or a 15 man squad and a raider squad, or do something else.

HEAVY SUPPORT
Ravager -
3 x dissies
Still a solid choice.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Gah im making so many mistakes
After thinking it over for a while I finally came up with a reasonable list that I'm happy with while taking a bit of your advice karantalsis.

HQ - 140

Dracon
Reaver jetbike
Combat drugs
Power weapon
Shadowfield
Tormentor helm

TROOPS - 528

Dark Eldar Warriors - 15
10 Splinter Rifles
2 Blasters, 2 Splinter Cannons
Sybarite (Agoniser, Splinter Pistol)

Dark Eldar Warriors - 10
7 Splinter Rifles
1 Blaster, 1 Splinter Cannon
Raider

Dark Eldar Warriors - 10
7 Splinter Rifles
Raider

Fast Attack - 231

Reaver Jetbikes - 4
2 Blasters
Sybarite (p/weapon, t/helm)

Reaver Jetbikes - 3
2 Blasters

Heavy Support - 120

Ravager
3 x dissies

1019pts

A bit over but my gaming group allows max 15 points over (luckily), please give me feedback on this list, your current feedback is detailed and constructive and I thank you for that karantalsis.

Im sure the extra 4 points can be filled in :p Thanks again Karantalsis, you saved my day

·
Karrot Dialysis
1,321 Posts
HQ - 140

Dracon
Reaver jetbike
Combat drugs
Power weapon
Shadowfield
Tormentor helm
*nod*

TROOPS - 552

Dark Eldar Warriors - 18
13 Splinter Rifles
2 Blasters, 2 Splinter Cannons
I'd suggest that you drop this to 15, freeing 24 points, the differnece between an 18 and a 15 man squad is minimal and with your ability to go 15 points over 24 points will buy you a bike.

Dark Eldar Warriors - 10
7 Splinter Rifles
Raider

Dark Eldar Warriors - 10
7 Splinter Rifles
Raider
These have raiders :).

Fast Attack - 206

Reaver Jetbikes - 3
2 Blasters
Sybarite (p/weapon, t/helm)

Reaver Jetbikes - 3
2 Blasters
As I said in troops, you might as well add a bike to the combat squad as it iwll make more differnece than the 3 warriors.

Heavy Support - 120

Ravager
3 x dissies
Yay.

A bit over but my gaming group allows max 15 points over (luckily), please give me feedback on this list, your current feedback is detailed and constructive and I thank you for that karantalsis.
No problem I like deconstructing lists. I used to ahve a reputation as being a bit draconian about it though :) hence me pointing out that this is just my opinion. Its looking good now.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re edited

Hopefully its right this time, made so many mistakes previously, thanks for bearing with me.

Thanks Karantalsis, couldnt have done it without you :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.