Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
OK. So, it’s been quite a few years since I’ve played. Now I am thinking of dusting off my old hobby. Not only that, but I am also new to Daemons. Figured I’d draft what I need to start. I came up with this list.

1000 Pts - Daemons of Chaos Roster - Khorne

1 Herald of Khorne on Juggernaut @ 150 pts
10 Bloodletters of Khorne @ 120 pts
10 Bloodletters of Khorne @ 120 pts
5 Chaos Furies @ 60 pts
5 Chaos Furies @ 60 pts
5 Flesh Hounds of Khorne @ 175 pts
2 Bloodcrushers of Khorne @ 140 pts

Total Roster Cost: 1000

What do you think? Will it work? Also, which is it: 2 units of 10 Bloodletters and 2 units of 5 Furies, 2 units of 15 Bloodletters or 3 units of 10 Bloodletters ? What about the list as a whole? Will it work?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Id actually drop the bloodcrushers and use the points to beef up the squads of bloodletters to 16. You already have 2 units of fleshhounds for flankers the crushers are just overkill. I like the furies though it will make sure your army will get there unscathed if you face a lot of shooting.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
When I originally posted this, I thought that having many small units would be the best approach. Having 3 units of cavalry and 2 units of flyers ensures that you “get there fast”.

There were several problems I was concerned with:
1. 1 have 2 units of furies with LD 2. They have their uses (march-blocking, flanking, war machines), but if they loose a combat, they are gone.
2. General could be more beefed-up.
3. No standards in units. I am still unsure either you need standards in a 1000-point list. On one hand, it’s +1 to combat resolution, on the other, it is lost victory points if a unit gets wiped out. I think I need to battle-test this point… unless someone can tell me from experience.

Having said the above, this is what I was thinking:

1000 Pts - Daemons of Chaos Roster - Khorne

1 Herald of Khorne @ 165 pts (Juggernaut of Khorne, Armour of Khorne, Goes in a unit with Bloodcrushers)
2 Bloodcrushers of Khorne @ 160 pts (Standard Bearer)
10 Bloodletters of Khorne @ 132 pts (Standard Bearer)
10 Bloodletters of Khorne @ 132 pts (Standard Bearer)
5 Chaos Furies @ 60 pts

Total Roster Cost: 999

·
Registered
16 Posts
My last Khorne list, Bloody fun

skulltaker 200
18 x Bletters 234
m/s
16x Bletters 210