Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well my local Games Workshop is closing down, and everything was 25% off, so instead of just getting the Batallion Box, i got the book and a Hero too. This is my first Warhammer Army List. (I don't even have rules :p)Here's my list:

Hero: Scar-Veteran Req-ex 171 points
Great Weapon, Light Armor, Shield, Cold One, Spawning of Itzil, Staff of the Lost Sun, Venom of the Firefly Frog (Poisoned S5 Bow YAY!!!)

Core: Tlequa's Saurus Chargers 176 points
5 normal, 4 spears, musician, standard, Champion Tlequa (Good Solid Infantry)

Itzagar's Skink Scouts 61 points
8 blowpipes, 1 Brave Itzagar with scouting (Skink Blowpipe Scouts, nice distartcion)

Special: Tlequa's Skink Screen 80 points
10 javelins/shields, Spawning of Tlazcotl(Not running in fear, they will provide a screen for Tlequa's Saurus)

Req-ex's Cold One Guards 275 points
5 Cold One Riders, Standard, Musician(Req-ex will join this unit)

Rare: Gor-gar's Furious Saurus Chargers 236 points
5 normal, 4 spears, Musician, Standard, Champion Gor-gar, Spawning of Quetzel and Sotek(These guys will just mow them down.)

Tell me what you think and can someone please tell me how to take a leadership test.

·
4,361 Posts
Well I am new to Lizardmen, having just picked them up as my second army and played only 1 game so far, but I can help with a few things in this list.

Hero: Scar-Veteran Req-ex 171 points
Great Weapon, Light Armor, Shield, Cold One, Spawning of Itzil, Staff of the Lost Sun, Venom of the Firefly Frog (Poisoned S5 Bow YAY!!!)
First off, a great weapon isn't a good choice for a mounted character. A spear would be better. And taking the staff of the lost sun is useless as his BS is 0, so you will never be able to shoot anything.

Core: Tlequa's Saurus Chargers 176 points
5 normal, 4 spears, musician, standard, Champion Tlequa (Good Solid Infantry)
All members of the unit must be armed the same, so you can't have some with hand weapons and some with spears.

Itzagar's Skink Scouts 61 points
8 blowpipes, 1 Brave Itzagar with scouting (Skink Blowpipe Scouts, nice distartcion)
I guess from your point total that you have 9 skinks plus the champ. You have to give the whole unit scouting and pay for each member, not just the champ.

Special: Tlequa's Skink Screen 80 points
10 javelins/shields, Spawning of Tlazcotl(Not running in fear, they will provide a screen for Tlequa's Saurus)
Skink units can't have spawnings.

Req-ex's Cold One Guards 275 points
5 Cold One Riders, Standard, Musician(Req-ex will join this unit)
Good size unit.

Rare: Gor-gar's Furious Saurus Chargers 236 points
5 normal, 4 spears, Musician, Standard, Champion Gor-gar, Spawning of Quetzel and Sotek(These guys will just mow them down.)
See Saurus unit above.

Tell me what you think and can someone please tell me how to take a leadership test.
For cold blooded troops you roll 3D6, throw out the die with the highest roll, total the remaining 2 and compare it to what you need. What you need depends on what the test is for, panic, losing combat, psychology, or whatever.
Hope that helps you out.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank You

Okay Thank You, I have changed it a bit. Instead of the Staff of Sun, I gave Req-ex a Maiming Shield,(6 Magic Poisoned Attacks-Even More YAY) completley took away the Great Weapon, added some more skinks here and there, took away the skinks Spawning and gave Sotek to the Cold Ones, and gave my Suarus all hand weapons and shields. Could someone now give me some tactics for this army now?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts