Lightning Claws
Power Weapon
Squad Terminator Honours
Frag
=212

Total Points=955
Left over =45

--
This is the most recent itteration of my 1000 point army to date and so far I think it covers nearly all bases of what an effective army should have. It has a good fire support base with assaulting units and decent Anti-Vehicular (AV).

I would like some feedback on to what you guys think of the list so far and any suggestions as to what I should use the left over 45 points towards. I'm probably thinking a drop pod for my Dreadnought for assualting or a TLLC/ML combo for a stronger fire base.

As for the Vetrans, in the games I've played, they've held up amazingly well and have out preformed in nearly every engagement they've found themselves. As such, I'm quite confident in keeping them in my list.

Comments/Thoughts?

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
TacJack said:
Bike Squad - 3 Marines (AI)
Sarge w/ T. Honours - Power Fist
Flamer
Flamer
MeltaBombs
=144
I would add some more men and drop the meltabombs - this squad should be attacking infantry so tanks are ignored.

Bike Squad - 3 Marines (AV)
Sarge w/ T.Honours - Power Weapon
Melta Gun
Melta Gun
=141
Make the power weapon a power fist (for 5 more points, you will kill twice as much), and add some more men. As soon as you take casualties, you lose special weapons...

Chaplan Master of Sanctity
Terminator Honours
Space Marine Bike
Artificier Armor
Bionics
Bolt Pistol
=171
Since he will be going with the bikes, I would drop artificer armour as anything that survives his charge will probably ignore armour saves anyways, and artificer armour doesn't do anything for you in the shooting phase.

Tactical Squad - 10 Marines
Sarge w/ no upgrades
Plasma Gun
Missle Launcher
=170
4 men is usually enough to guard the heavy weapons in the squad, so 6 total men, including the heavy weapons, is fine.

Scout Squad - 6 Scouts
5 Sniper Rifles
Heavy Bolter
=108
You might want to add some more sniper rifles if you want this to be really effective. 5 sniper rifles is only going to cause about 2 wounds a turn.

Dreadnought
Assault Cannon
Power Weapon
=105
Ok, since you really want this thing to move whenever possible, I would give it extra armour. Secondly, since it only moves 6" a turn, I would give it a drop pod to make sure it gets into combat around turn 3.

Vetran Squad 5 Marines (Infiltrate)
Sarge w/ Terminator Honours, Power Fist
Lightning Claws
Power Weapon
Squad Terminator Honours
Frag
=212
As for the Vetrans, in the games I've played, they've held up amazingly well and have out preformed in nearly every engagement they've found themselves. As such, I'm quite confident in keeping them in my list.
Ok but I would really add some more men, so that you can take casualties in ths shooting phase without much trouble.

Cheers,
Ezekiel1990

1 - 2 of 2 Posts