Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a tournament saturday and was going to use my necron army but after checking out the SW codex and the Space Wolf Pack box I decided to convert the space marines I had laying around and buy a couple more units to fill out a full SW army.

Wolf Lord: Wolf Claw, Storm Shield, Jump Pack, Saga of the Warrior Born, Wolftooth Necklace 220 points
10 Grey Hunters: 2 w/ Plasma Guns 170 points
10 Grey Hunters: 2 w/ Flamers 150 points
Wolf Guard Pack:
4 w/ Jump Packs: 1 w/ Thunder Hammer and Mark of the Wulfen, 3 w/ Power Weapons 242 points
2 w/ Terminator Armour: both w/ Power Fists 86 points
5 Long Fangs: 2 Heavy Bolters, 1 Plasma Cannon, 1 Lascannon 130 points
Total: 998 Points

The 4 Jump Pack Wolf Guard would form a unit with the Lord and pounce on anything that gets too close to my Grey Hunters or Long Fangs. The 2 terminator WG would join the Grey Hunters and give them a little extra CC punch.

The tournament was won last year by a Nid player that is returning this year and 2nd place was taken by a Dark Eldar player who is also returning but there are 20 people in the tournament so I expect to see pretty much everything. Any suggestions or comments on my list would be appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
107 Posts
That's a lot of bite for a thousand points. Watch out for heavy mech IG, though; you seem to lack anti-vehicle bite. I'd throw some more anti-armor capacity into your flying wolf guard unit.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Your point cost is off for the plasma gun squad of grey hunters- only 160. I was also under the impression that mark of the wulfen does not work for special weapon bonuses, and thus is best used on "naked" models. On page 62, "These attacks are made using the marked models' claws and teeth, and hence not affected by wargear, additional hand weapons and so on..." It's just me, but i would purchase runic armor for your wolf lord with those saved 20 points. Other than that, looks mean on a 1k point front.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
looked in the book and you are right...MotW is w/o special CCWs so i scratched that, but why would the GH w 2x plasma only be 165? isnt is GH points x 10 + 2x plasma gun cost which = 170 points?

revised the list a little to add some anti tank and remove the MotW

Lord now also has melta bombs and wolf tail talisman

1 WG w/ Jump pack also now has melta bombs (not the thunder hammer one as he is already plenty good at anti tank haha)

Now I have 3 models in the Lord/WG jump pack squad that can make attempts at CC w/ a vehichle (1 Thunder Hammer, 2x Melta Bombs) plus I've got the Lascannon in the Long Fangs and the Plasma Cannon could also be used to chew through something with armour of 11 or 12 with decent chance of success.

Question though, would you reccomend leaving the 2 plasmas in one unit and the 2 flamers in another vs doing 1 plas and 1 flamer in each unit? I figure this way I can have 1 GH pack target heavy infantry and the other target lighter enemies as they close w/ my line. But if I mix em up then I don't have to specialize the GH packs in their roles.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Nah, you'd hit the FOC troops cap at six squads. Still awesome.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
and another quick question...which weapon is better for the lord, Wolf Claw or Frost Axe (would have to give up the Wolf tail talisman as well if I took Frost Axe)? Trying to think about my ability to take down monstrous creatures and other high toughness models, besides the lascannon, plas cannon, and 2 plas guns all I have is the 2 termies and Thunder hammer WG for toughness 6+ bashing and being as they all strike last thats not looking too good. Definitely want to stay away from giving my lord a PF or TH though so he can remain at I 5.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.