Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im pretty new to fantasy and this is my first fantasy list/army. ive played a couple of 40k armys and have gotten together this so far:

Vampire thrall = 130(with zombies)
Iron sinews
Infinate hatred

Vampire thrall = 130(with ogres but no clue if i can do this)
Iron sinews
Infinate hatred

Necromancer = 100(with skeletons)
Level 2 wizard

19 skeletons = 229
spears
standard bearer
skeleton captain
light armor

19 zombies = 124
standard bearer
musician

10 dire wolves = 110
doom wolf

4 ogres = 176(their chaos mercenary ogres)
extra hand weapons
light armor

total = 994

im looking for tips as im planning on eventually getting a 2000 point army but im probably gonna wait for the update. im probably gonna take off ogres light armor after i found out its only a 6+ and maybe convert them to great weapons. and my ogres were originally big mutants for LATD and i can take them off if they wouldnt do good in vampire counts but i have no clue.

·
Now 17% more helpful
2,247 Posts
Hmmm. I am not sure if you can have a normal character in a dogs of war unit. My gut says no.

I would make the following changes to your army list:

1) Drop the spears from the skellies. The 4+ save in CC is much better than the extra ws 2 attacks, in my opinion.

2) Drop the doom wolf from the dire wolves, and with the points spared from the spears and this saving, split them into 2 units of 6. They are much more maneuvreable this way, and still have the same punch as your current fronk rank.

I hope this helps.

ninja out

·
Registered
290 Posts
And by the way, the thrall cant go with the ogres, because undead charachters can only join undead units, and alive charachters for alive units :).

~DE

·
Registered
147 Posts
May i ask you darkeagle where does the book says that??

My reaction on the list:

I woul'd buy some magic items for the necromancer you have there.
I suggest the book of arkhan but if you have enough points left go for the cursed book.

For the rest it seems ok if you change the list a little bit like the other one's said.

ByeO Wout

·
Registered
290 Posts
I cant find it in the book, but im sure ive heard it and used that rule for many a day. Maybe gingerninja can help out?

~DE

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.