Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey Everyone,

I'm kinda new to Librarium so please go easy on me.

To start I've been playing WHFB for about 6 months now with varying amounts on success, and upon seeing all the talk of playing a Tzeentch army I drafted up a 1000 point list. Let me now state that I know I'm not all that good at this, and I'm just looking for some advice on how to make a better list so that I can become a better player.

Presenting Nothingatall544's 1000 point Tzeentch list

Heroes
1x Exalted Champion of Chaos-170
w/Mark of Tzeentch
(Tzeentch Lore Caster)

1x Sorcerer of Chaos-120
w/Level 2
(Fire Lore Caster)

1x Bray-Shaman-110
w/Level 2
(Beast Lore Caster)

Mortal Units
24xMarauders of Chaos-193
w/Light armor, Shields, Full Command

11xWarriors of Chaos-203
w/Shields, Mark of Tzeentch, Champion, Musician

Special Choices
6x Furies-90
(War Machine Crew Eliminator)

Beast Herd-112
5x Gors
13x Ungors
w/Musician, Champion
(Screeners)

Grand Total 998 Points

I think it's a ok list, i know that the lack of any command is going to hurt a lot, but hopefully the excessive amounts of casting will balence that out.

Hope you guys can give me some good advice.

Thanks

·
King of Librarium's Tombs
7,143 Posts
Hmm... ok. Looks quite nice, good job :) And you included Beasts too! Yay! :party:

Just a little fine tuning to be done i think:

Ill start with the Marauders. They should be your main way of ettign static Combat Res, and hence armed appropriately. They arent really the main damage causers. Hence id ay loose the Flails for Hand Weapons, Shields and Light Armour. Also they will be best when used with maximum numbers, to max on ranks. I suggest 'combining' the two units, to end up with a unit of 24 Marauders, armed as above, with Full Command too. Have the Sorcerer join this unit.

Next, the Chaos Warriors. Nice choice! Add 1 more to the unit though, and also put the Exhalted here. Add Music and Champ too.

Any Chance ypou can get the Shaman upgraded to Level 2? adding a BrayStaff would be good to. A Champion for the Beast Herd would be nice, as would Music.

Maybe drop he Exhalted down to Aspiring to save some points. Same magic abilities (which is what you want) Just a little loss in combat ability. If dropping 1 Fury will help with the above addiions, that should be fine too. Although maybe look at 3 Screamers instead of the Furies, they have a nice special rule to help take out enemy mages.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey, thanks for the advice.

Actualy upon reviewing my list I was 120 points short (boy do I feel dumb) so I can make almost all the changes you suggested without a problem, the Bray-Shaman is level 2, the warriors now count 11 and have a musician, and champion, and the marauder block is 31 big with LA/S/HW a musician and standard bearer as suggested.

(I will change the above list to represent the changes, and I will double check my point totals from now on, Doh)

·
King of Librarium's Tombs
7,143 Posts
31 is a bit few more than needed for the Marauders, drop them to 24 and put the points into the Beast Herd. Champ and Music. Also in 1 box you only get 8 Gor but 12 Ungor, so maybe switch the numbers there a little.
(Also just to check, Gors should have 2xHW :) )

·
Registered
20 Posts
get rid of the bray shaman and have another exalted champion and get rid of the gors and ungore and have some horrors and get rid of the furies and have some screamers, and try and squeeze a spawn in there too.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Umm, why? Just that the list is Tzeentch oriented, it doesn't mean that all of the units must be Tzeentchian.. IMO the list is very good, when done as Deceiver suggested (drop a few marauders in order to add a musician and a champion to the herd).

·
Bearded Ninja
2,678 Posts
*activates his master rune of translocation and moves the thread to its correction with a loud noise which can only be described as a "sprang" in F major*

·
Master of the Crab Women
1,007 Posts
get rid of the bray shaman and have another exalted champion and get rid of the gors and ungore and have some horrors and get rid of the furies and have some screamers, and try and squeeze a spawn in there too.
Coherency seems to have taken a holiday in this post.

Anyway, it doesn't take that much imagination to say that the Exalted Champion has enslaved the beastmen or similar.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Thanks Deceiver and Albinowski for the help with the list, and I will make the appropriate changes to it.

As far as models, im not really worried, I ended up buying 2 boxes of Beast Herds when I started, because I thought I would be using them more often.

and I aplogise for posting the topic in the wrong place, my bad (an extra sorry out to Arklite for having to move it)

·
Registered
33 Posts
it is a very nice start, but try some screamers out at some point they are great at getting rid of pesky war machines and lone wizards. I once used 5 screamers and look out a level 4 wizard, it did make me laugh at his shocked face!

Keep at it, it will turn out great.

For me my decayed horde of Nurgle awaits!! Hahahaha!

Please, make an effort to spell properly. Also, capital letters and punctuation are required. - Katie D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.