10 Warriors, 2 blasters
10 Warriors, 2 dark lances

Heavy Support [360]
Ravager: 3 disintegrators

TOTAL: 997

Pretty simple. Lord rides with Wyches and EATS things in CC. The warriors provide ground-based supporting anti-tank and anti-armor. The ravagers turn MEQs and light tanks into mush, and also (hopefully) draw fire away from the Wych raider.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Welcome to the club :) Dinner is at 6, no hanky-panky on the couch, and BYOB. :p

HQ [133]
Archon: agonizer, splinter pistol, shadow field, combat drugs, plasma grenades
Looks great although I'd like to suggest you take a look at the "Punisher vs Agonizer" sticky on the main DE page. In general, from personal experience, it breaks down to this: For the lord, Punisher is better against Low/average toughness armies (Eldar, Marines) (Especially with combat drugs) but worse against heavy vehicle and MC lists (Tyranid Nid'zilla lists, Armored Company type IG, some marine lists, etc). Agonizer is equally good against everything but not especially good against anything either. I personally prefer Punisher + Tormentor helm instead of Agonizer + Pistol but thats because I tend to fight against mostly heavy infantry Marine and Chaos lists.

Elites [214]
8 Wyches: wych weapons, plasma grenades, succubus: agonizer
Raider: horrofex
Standard setup. Looks good.

Troops [290]
10 Warriors, 2 blasters
Looks good although I am curious how you intend to use the warriors with the two blasters. If you plan on marching them forward towards the enemy (to put them in rapid fire and blaster range) I suggest you find a way to pump their numbers up and/or give them a sybarite with agonizer to give them something to do when they are assaulted. Otherwise they'll have a hard time reach the enemy.

Heavy Support [360]
Pretty standard. Good at MEQ killing but not tanks. Just remember at 24" for the triple shot secondary mode you'll be well within range of most melta and plasma weaponry. In addition to the tau rapid fire weaponry (which is S5 I believe) and Necron Gauss Weaponry (which will always glance on a 6).

Pretty simple. Lord rides with Wyches and EATS things in CC. The warriors provide ground-based supporting anti-tank and anti-armor. The ravagers turn MEQs and light tanks into mush, and also (hopefully) draw fire away from the Wych raider.
Good plan in general. The main concern is that all (minus your single raider) your anti-tank capability is limited to two units which can be both pinned and force to flee ("Cough*25% casualties*cough*tank shock*cough*). If played well this isn't a problem but it is something to keep in mind. As for drawing fire away from your raider... Fat chance. From personal experience, enemies will always target transports if able (especially one carrying that many points). The only saving grace is that the raider looks VERY similar to the Ravager and thus enemies will sometimes confuse them. I suggest turning one of the warrior squads in to a raider squad (preferably the one with the blasters) and using it as an additional distraction (since, according to the rules, you don't have to say what the contents of a transport are).

In any case, happy hunting :)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Revised.

HQ [131]
Archon: agonizer, splinter pistol, shadow field, combat drugs

Elites [428]
Raider: horrofex[60]