Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi guys,

I'm new to this forum and started playing csm a few months ago, i'v played the imperial guard for three years.

Here's an army list i made for 1000 points :

HQ :

Sorcerer, level 3, the item from crimson slaughter that makes him a daemon and costs 30 points (forgot the name :3)
140 points

TROOPS :

10 Chaos Space Marines, Rhino, Vets, Close combat weapon, Nurgle.

5 Chaos space marines

FAST ATTACK

3 Bikers, Nurgle, combi melta, 2 melta guns, melta bombs

SUPPORT

Forgefiend

Maulerfiend

Maulerfiend

Strategy :

If i can i put a cover in the middle of the battlefield. All the fiends and the bikes will run on the opponent rushing high priority targets and tanks. Basically, my opponent should have only one turn to destroy 3 fiends (at least the two maulers) and my bikers, which is pretty hard for most armys if i manage to get cover. While my opponent focuses These units my mage will have a few turns to freely summon a bunch of deamons. The 10 marines are gonna stay behind the fiends and follow them, shoot and then charge "light" units. The mage will be with the 5 marines and they'ill stay behind under cover, probably holding an objective. The daemons will either hold objectives, or Charge the enemy, or both :D.

Alternatives :

Make 3 Maulers instead of two, this will give me 50 points, for maybe mor marines?

Put the mark of khorne instead of nurgle on the narines?

Give the bikers plasma instead of melta?

I thank you for saying whatever you think about this list, what should be changed, etc.

May the warp and the gods be with you,
Epic Chaos Banana

·
4,967 Posts
Looks fun. I would take 3 maulerfiends and use the points to add 1-2 bikers and put the HQ on a bike with them. 2 meltas or plasmas on the rhino mounted CSMs too, you can drop MoN if you need points. An alternative to bikes is 4-5 spawn with MoN. The HQ can still join them on a bike and adding meltas to the rhino CSMs can make up for the loss of antitank.

Put a home objective near your table edge in some cover and reserve the 5 man CSMs onto it mid game and go to ground a lot with them.

·
Registered
2,965 Posts
I would also take 3 Maulerfiends, because otherwise that Forgefiend is going to die very quickly and impact your game heavily (because there goes the ranged firepower and it has no redundancy), whereas losing 1 Maulerfiend out of 3 isn't really that bad. I would personally put the extra points into more bodies in the 5 man Chaos Marine squad (I like having more bodies on the table, each loss isn't as significant), or I'd get a unit of Havoks with Missile Launchers (and Flakk upgrade) instead of a 3rd Maulerfiend. This will give you some ranged covering fire, at a farther range than the Forgefiend's Autocannons, and will be useful as anti-tank (krak), anti-horde (frag), and anti-air (flakk), which your list is weak against.

Regardless, if you can, give the Sorcerer a bike so that he can be more mobile (and therefore Summon where needed rather than in your backfield) and make the Rhino Marines Khorne-marked. This gives you 3-4 (Rhino Marines + 2 to 3 Maulerfiends) fast moving assault units to threaten your enemy with, and the Marines, while not being able to charge out of their transport, can help mop up anything that the Fiends get bogged down in as a secondary charge unit. Remember to shield the Rhino with the Maulers and to pop smoke.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you for your answers :D

First of all you both said my sircerer should get a bike, but i'm not sure if a daemon can have a bike and if he can join a unit with non-daemon soldiers. I need to check it. I' m not too convinced about joining him to the bikers though, he would be easily targeted, but putting more marines with him sounds good.

3 Maulerfiends it will be then, that was the original idea, but one of my friends said the forges were powerfull.
Mark of khorne could be good on the marines. 1 or 2 more bikers don't look that attractive for me because they can't have any special weapons.

Personally i really don't like spawns (too random ;) )
The havoks look great though, i'll think about it it.

Bye,
Epic Chaos Banana

·
Registered
2,965 Posts
Yes, he can get a bike, and he can join a unit with non-daemons. The only thing he wouldn't be able to do is join a unit with an opposing Mark or of an opposing God (ie, no Khorne with Slaanesh). The problem with putting him with the Marines you want in your backfield is that he won't really be able to do much to affect the game; as I said, any summoned unit would be too far behind the rest of your army, and you're too far to buff your units/hex your opponent's.

Forges can be powerful, but the key is that you have to bring multiples. With just one, if he's knocked out, then you have no backup, and there goes your primary ranged weaponry. One key to 40k is not super lone units, but rather redundancy; they don't have to be the same unit or model, but you should have a backup for each role, otherwise your opponent will win simply through proper target priority. However, if you force him to split fire between multiple options, there is a greater chance one or more will survive to do their job. That is why multiple Maulers is good; even if one gets shot down, chances are the other will make it to the enemy lines because he isn't drawing as much firepower.

More bikers means more bodies, which means that losses aren't as severe. If you have 5 bikers and lose 2, then you can still have the Champ and 2 special weapons, and if you lose one then you don't have to take a morale check as you haven't lost 25% of the unit. If you have 3 and lose 2, then you only have either one special weapon or the Champ, and as they aren't Fearless, 1 lost model will force a morale check.

Spawn aren't there to kill things. They're there to provide a great bodyguard for the character inside their unit, and to act as a fast and cheap tarpit for smaller enemy units. 3 Spawn are super cheap, and you get a plethora of wounds to act as a meatshield for your Sorcerer, who can then get up close and Summon or buff/hex at will.

Let us know how everything goes, glad we could help!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Marius for your answer,

I didn't know daemons could join non-daemons, that's great!
I never saw Spawns That way, but it seems legit, for 30 points you get a meatbag with 3 wounds and toughness 5.
So here are my lists changings after your advices :

The Forgefriend becomes a MaulerFriend -> -50
Two extra Nurgle bikers -> +52
My sorcerer gets a bike -> +20
The marines no longer have nurgle -> -30

The Balance is now exactly 990. I guess i would give 2 flamethrowers to my 10 marines, but i'm not sure about that.
I'll try out this list soon, and i'll keep this thread updated :).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts