Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay after several weeks of planning and converting, my final list is here. Starting with 1000 points!

HQ

Archon
Punisher
Tormentor helm
Shadowfield

Elite

Wyches x 7
Succy /w agoniser
Wych weapons
Plasma nades
Raider
Horrorfex

Troops

5 x warriors
Splinter cannon
Blaster
Raider
horrorfex

5 x warriors
Splinter cannon
Blaster
Raider
horrorfex

5 x warriors
Splinter cannon
Blaster
Raider
horrorfex

Fast attack

3 x Reaver Bikes
2 x blaster

Heavy

Ravager
3 dissy
nightshields

Ravager
3 lances
nightshields

Gonna be facing a lot of IG, CSM, SM, Eldar and Nids. So kinda all rounder. Opinions?

Glavas

·
Formerly Prince of Excess
3,560 Posts
It's not bad. I'd drop the Reavers for more Troops, your transports are so light as are your infantry you need a good number of them.

Have both Ravagers rocking Dissies, you have a good amount of Lances on your Raiders plus you can charge armor if you must. Nightshields, I'm not convinced they're worth it. Some people swear by them but mobile armies are big now, so weapon range often isn't a problem.

Not convinced on Horrorfexes either, almost every army is Ld9-10, Fearless or gets some kind of re-roll. They're pretty cheap but I don't know how much you'll get out of them because the Raiders will be taking lots of hits.

I'd downgrade the Archon to a Dracon, you save points and he's almost as good. I6 is still faster than almost anything, WS5 beats most Troops and Elites. You can drop an Animus on him if you downgrade too, which will end up bumping his WS and S up.

Hope that helps a bit.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's not bad. I'd drop the Reavers for more Troops, your transports are so light as are your infantry you need a good number of them.

Unofrtunately it's a vehicle themed list so I can't drop reavers :p

Have both Ravagers rocking Dissies, you have a good amount of Lances on your Raiders plus you can charge armor if you must. Nightshields, I'm not convinced they're worth it. Some people swear by them but mobile armies are big now, so weapon range often isn't a problem.

I was thinking this. you think 4 lances is enough? I don't see the raiders living very long :(

Not convinced on Horrorfexes either, almost every army is Ld9-10, Fearless or gets some kind of re-roll. They're pretty cheap but I don't know how much you'll get out of them because the Raiders will be taking lots of hits.

For every model under the template they're at -1 though! hitting 4 models in an IG unit then makes them LD 4! LD6 for marines :p

I'd downgrade the Archon to a Dracon, you save points and he's almost as good. I6 is still faster than almost anything, WS5 beats most Troops and Elites. You can drop an Animus on him if you downgrade too, which will end up bumping his WS and S up.

This I need to think about. That was my original plan. I play with the drugs a lot though and its easier to use 3 drugs knowing you have 3 wounds than 2 :D

Hope that helps a bit.

Thanks for the help. I shall ponder yet.

Glavas

·
Registered
225 Posts
Thanks for the help. I shall ponder yet.

Glavas
I'd really suggest you consider squeezing a fourth troop choice in or increasing the model count in those units you have. 2/3rds of missions are objective based and the warrior units you have are fairly small and would probably have a hard time holding an objective (although capturing it in the first place shouldn't be difficult with this list). As it stands, you should be fine though but you have to be careful with your warriors on objective missions.

I'm counting 28 wounds, 6 vehicles, 12 kill points, and 12 DLs. That should be fine although the kill points total feels a little high.

·
464 Posts
I am not a seasoned DE player as yet but I must say that the troop slots seem to be on the slim side. In a 1000 pt game I played recently I had some 60+ models, 40+ were warriors. I am saying that you need to foot slog it but at 1000 pts I really think you need to min/max some more. Ravagers are cool, but you all ready have five raiders. At such a low point level game I would take out both of ravagers and the reavers and add some more meat and potatoes into the list. Give some of the raiders disi's, that would make up for one of the ravagers.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.