-IoCG
-x2 Melta guns
-x1 Aspiring Champion /w Powerfist

-Rhino

Chaos Predator-130
-Autocannon turret
-Lascannon side sponsors

Total=994

I'm a little unsure about the chosen... Would the points be better spent somewhere else? Another predator? Some terminators? A defiler?

Thanks

·
4,967 Posts
Everything looks pritty good.

I agree about the chosen. I would either change them into an infiltrating plasma squad or drop them for 5 terminators with combi weapons. This leaves you 30 points left for an icon for the terminators, mark for the prince or a couple of chainfists.

1 Obliterator and another pred also cost the same as the chosen (and your 6 unused points) but I think for a 1000 point list you have enough anti tank firepower with all your mechanised meltaguns)

·
Registered
404 Posts
I 3rd the chosen squad, A squad of termies would be a lot better. Maybe throw in a squad of 5 Possesed. They are quite cheep and depending on what you roll, they can do some good damage in close combat. Also, they are quite scary and the opponent will more than likely try to take them out no mater what they rolled.

·
The other Kind of Fluff
8,843 Posts
In low point games, you may want to consider dropping your troops down to 8, and then taking a combi-melta on the champion in order to compensate for the loss of the second special weapon. Very rarely, do melta guns fire more than 1-2 shots during a game, so in effect, you're not losing *that* much, but you're saving 60 points between your two marine squads.

Chosen: What's your environment like? Do you have lots of swarms or MEQs? This should determine whether you keep the chosen or swap them for termis. Personally? The chosen with MoK are probably are most versatile unit in the game. They have sufficient attacks for dealing with most enemies, even when they are charged; they have special weapons options galore; finally, they have tactical deployment advantage, being infiltrators.

You certainly need a couple of special weapons in there. HOWEVER, I'll just go ahead and throw this out there as another option for your army: Assuming you've dropped your marines down to 8, and saved 60 points, you could drop your chosen as well, which would net you 259 points. This would afford you another predator with las-sponsons, as well as a dakka predator (i.e., heavy bolters, auto-canon, and our special contribution as chaos players...the havoc launcher). The remaining points could then be reinvested into your marine squads.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for all of the help! How about this?

Daemon Prince-155
-Wings
-MoT
-Warptime
-Doombolt

x4 Terminators-140
-x3 Combi-plasma
-Heavy flamer

x8 Chaos Space Marines-215
-IoCG
-x1 Melta guns

-Rhino

x8 Chaos Space Marines-215
-IoCG
-x1 Melta guns

-Rhino

Chaos Predator-130
-Autocannon turret
-Lascannon side sponsors

Chaos Predator-115
-Autocannon turret
-Heavy bolter sponsors
-Havoc launcher

Total=1000

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.