Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have yet to win a game, but I inflict massive amounts of damage everytime I play... I could use some advice with my list as well as deployment...

CCS-60
Mortar
Grenade Launcher

Marbo-65

Vet Squad-140
Harker
3 Grenade Launchers

PCS-40
Mortar
Grenade Launcher

1st Infantry Squad-65
Autocannon
Grenade Launcher

2nd Infantry Squad-65
Autocannon
Grenade Launcher

3rd Infantry Squad-65
Autocannon
Grenade Launcher

4th Infantry Squad-65
Autocannon
Grenade Launcher

Heavy Weapons Squad-60
3 Mortars

Leman russ Battle Tank-150

Leman russ Battle Tank-150

Griffon-75

My opponent plays his Orks very bold as Orks should be played, my plan is to smoke him out with multiple barrage shots as he hugs cover hard, so I can at least try to hit some of his units without being able to see them, then when they do pop out I blast him with the tanks and bulk of my forces...

any tips would be greatly appreciated...

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
griffon isn't really needed. your russes will take care of anti-horde for you.

Thw HWS or mortars won't get you anywhere too. To beat the hell of of tanks and terminator likes i would grab demolsihers over leman russes for firepower. especially against orks. there going to reach your lines so you might as well up the firepower and quality of it. Also your PCS and CCS are very weak, easy to kill by flankers and deepstrikers and aren't as mobile. i would give them chimeras for this job and have the squasd equpped with melta guns for the PCS and 3xplasma guns and 1x regimental standard in your CCS to keep your guys on the table.
Your grenade launcher also won't hit much, so grab some points from their for them.

I would drop the griffon and the vet squad with harker to make up for those points for the more expensive guns to kill the characters and tanks.

Mortars and one time grenade launchers rally don't work well especially when they are low strenght and can't hit the barn side of a door most of the time. autocannons are nice however and remember to kee the heavy flamers on your tanks.

A tactic to protect to prevent your tanks from being assaulted is, to place a squad of guardsmen infront of the tank. and then when the orks get close enough for a flamer, move the squad to one side of the enemy squad. then bring up the russ and shoot them with everything from flamer to the russ cannon to FRFSRF from the guardsmen. That way you can a controlled pest control army more than capable of dealing with most orks ^^.
especially bald ones.

Also remember to pick your targets at the right time. hit the closest units towards your army first then hit the hard guys later with your moer expensive weaponary. for the deepstrikers like marbo place him near a piece of cover and if you don't want to risk loosing him or want him to contest an objective. then deepstrike him near the objective and into cover or out of line of sight and then mvoe next turn to demo cahrge and charge them.
Hope my advice helps!

thanks
antique_nova

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok with all you have said what of this more mobile list with quality firepower???

CCS-150
3 Plasma Guns
Chimera

Vet Squad-170
3 Plasma Guns
Chimera

PCS-100
3 Flamers
Chimera

1st Infantry Squad-65
Autocannon
Grenade Launcher

2nd Infantry Squad-65
Autocannon
Grenade Launcher

Leman Russ Battle Tank

Leman Russ Battle Tank

Leman Russ Battle Tank

3 tanks will be hard to deal with for the Orks I'm thinking as long as I keep them at a distance from each other... he might get one with his mob, but will be hard pressed to get two... his copters will be a problem at first (he always takes them) but I think some well placed plasma shots will cut them down. The AC can deal with his transports and once his mob has to disembark the PCS and their flamers will pour into them for heafty damage.

Any flaws in my scheme???

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
you shouldn't have taken out marbo and 3 leman russes is overkill and ovespent in 1000 points. 2 would do fine and demolishers work bettter. also not enough men. i would take out the veteran squad and include another infantry platoon so that you have more men.
I will revise my comment. later because i am in a hurry!
thanks
antique_nova

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I can see the flaw in my previous list and have constructed an even newer one that I think might be more balanced for firepower and mobility...

Please let me know what you all think...

Primaris Pyker-70

Marbo-65

Vet Squad-140
3 Grenade Launchers
Chimera (multi-laser, hull heavy bolter)

PCS-100
3 flamers
Chimera (heavy flamer, hull heavy flamer)

1st Infanty Squad-65
Autocannon
Grenade Launcher

2nd Infanty Squad-65
Autocannon
Grenade Launcher

3rd Infanty Squad-65
Autocannon
Grenade Launcher

Hell Hound-130 (hull heavy bolter)

Leman Russ-150 (hull heavy bolter)

Leman Russ-150 (hull heavy bolter)

·
Drill Sergeant
10,215 Posts
HQ:
He's fine but in a static gunline list like yours I think you'd get more use out of a CCS, Orders are very handy. It's up to you though, the Primaris is cool and hurty. I always see him as a second choice to the CCS tho.

TROOPS:
Vets, can you not get these guys some nicer guns? I know it's boring and everyone takes Melta Vets but they're handy to have around. Even against orks you have use of them. Instant killing Nob units and taking out Battle Wagons and hell, he could even have some MegaNobz.

Platoon is fine. Maybe change the PCS Flamers for more G-Launchers? flamers are useful but you can fire G-Launcehrs from turn 1.

HEAVY:
Russ are good. Against Orks? Eradicators are better.

Chimeras: There's no point in taking 2 H-Flamers on chimeras. you can't move and fire both of them so there's hardly ever a chance your opponent will be in range of both. Keep the Multilaser. It kills orks on 2's and can cause hurt to Trucks and other light vehicles (buggies)

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
Chimeras: There's no point in taking 2 H-Flamers on chimeras. you can't move and fire both of them so there's hardly ever a chance your opponent will be in range of both. Keep the Multilaser. It kills orks on 2's and can cause hurt to Trucks and other light vehicles (buggies)
And by "cause hurt" he means kills and/or immobilizes them. A single multi-laser has about a 50/50 chance of stopping (Stunned, Immobilzed, Wrecked, or Exploded) an Ork trukk. Which is pretty darn good. If you have 5 Chimeras shooting multi-lasers with some other supporting AT fire, you'll stand a good chance of stopping a trukk rush cold.

The last game I played vs. trukk orks, I killed 5 of his 7 trukks in the first turn of shooting. And melta-killed his battlewagon on turn 2. After that, it's just mopping up with the meltas and heavy flamers.

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
lol, it's robin and batman all over again ( but less serious _. anyway Zombie_Juicer it would be ncie if we recieved a reply from you.
thanks
antique_nova

1 - 10 of 10 Posts