Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, this is my first try at an army list. I am looking for some comments and criticism. I'll mainly be playing friendly games against Space Marines and Chaos Space Marines.

Warboss-powerklaw, cybork body, bosspole, and slugga-100 points

5 Nobz, 1 Painboy-cybork bodies-190 points

5 Deffkoptas-Twin linked rokkits-225 points

16 Ork Boys, 1 Nob- sluggas and choppas, Boss pole-117 points

16 Ork Boys, 1 Nob- sluggas and choppas, Boss pole-117 points

16 Ork Boys, 1 Nob- shootas, Boss pole-117

3 Killakans-3 grotzookas-135

Total Points- 991

·
Hive Tyrant
401 Posts
Well what do you have available?

Warboss = Well equipped he should serve you well

Nobz = Not so good here, you should give them weapons instead of cybork bodies. You already have a painboy which will basically give them a 4+ save

Deffkoptas = Could be better, split them up into 3 units of 1 and give them buzzsaws and use them as a vanguard to take down enemy vehicles early.

Boyz = odd number of boyz to use, but your nobz need power klaws find the points consider the PK a MUST have.

Killakans = Those kans are great! But not for you! Your army has no AT power, if your enemies use any vehicles you are screwed so equip the kans with rokkit launchers and they'll be a great help destroy transports and assault with the rest of your force.

You have a lot of work to put in to make this list Waaagh Worthy. Here is what your redone list should look like
1000 Pts - Codex: Orks Roster

HQ:
. . 1 Warboss, 90 pts (Bosspole; Slugga; Power Klaw)

Troops:
. . 1 Nobz, 160 pts (Count as Troop Troops)
. . . . 1 Painboy
. . . . 3 Nobz (Choppa; Slugga)
. . . . 2 Nobz (Slugga; Big Choppa)

. . 14 Boyz, 130 pts (Shootas)
. . . . 1 Boyz Nob (Bosspole; Slugga; Power Klaw)

. . 14 Boyz, 130 pts (Choppa & Slugga)

. . 14 Boyz, 130 pts (Choppa & Slugga)

Fast Attack:
. . 1 Deffkoptas, 70 pts (Twin Linked Rokkit Launcha x1; Buzzsaw x1)

Heavy Support:
. . 3 Killer Kans, 150 pts ((Rokkit Launcha x3)

Total Roster Cost: 1000

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for replying. I liked a lot of your suggestions. Here is my revised list, please tell me what you think.

Warboss-power klaw, slugga, boss pole-90 points

5 nobz, 1 painboy-1 power klaw, 4 big choppas-195 Points

1 Nob, 16 slugga boys-power klaw, boss pole-142 points

1 Nob, 16 slugga boys-power klaw, boss pole-142 points

1 Nob, 16 shoota boys-power klaw, boss pole-142 points

3x units of deffkoptas-twin linked rokkits-135 points

3 killakans-rokkits-150 points

Total Cost: 996 points

·
Hive Tyrant
401 Posts
the deffkoptas are not good in your list.

Deffkopta is better used in a unit of 1 or 2 koptas with a buzzsaw on one or both. If you are going 1st in your game, you can use the deffkopta scout move to move 24" (this will usually mean you will move into the enemy territory) and then as you begin your 1st turn you can move them again 12" and shoot an enemy vehicle side or rear armor with your rokkit and will usually hit it hard and after you can assault it with your S7 buzzsaw and because the vehicle has not moved yet you auto-hit against it which more than likely means you will destroy it.

That is what deffkoptas do.

Another reason for unit size of 1 or 2. Is because if the opponent kills 1, you are still at 50% strength so even if you retreat you can regroup and attack again. If you have 3 koptas and the enemy kills 2 of them and you retreat, you can say byebye to your last deffkopta as he runs off the table. This same problem happens with units of 4 and 5 being unable to regroup after more than half die and run away fast.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I meant 3 units of 1 for the deffkoptas. Sorry about the confusion.

As for what you said about buzz saws, I understand why this would be really valuable against an army with lots of vehicles but my regular opponents don't use very many vehicles so I thought more power klaws for the infantry mobs might work out better. Would it make sense to remove 3 big choppas from the nob squad and 1 deffkopta to give the other two buzz saws? Thanks for the help.

·
Hive Tyrant
401 Posts
the buzzsaw helps them even if they arent hunting vehicles, they can reliably fight off heavy support squads.

lets say your opponent uses Long Fangs all the way in his back lines or some other strong heavy support choice that likes to sit at the back and shoot u to pieces, the deffkoptas could reach them turn 1, and tie them up. Then they'd slowly die being unable to kill them, but with the buzzsaw they actually stand a good chance of winning the battle at some point and then get to harrash something else. The buzzsaw is always worth it

1 - 7 of 7 Posts